Can I make my own keyboard keys?

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

deadlyfishy
Can I make my own keyboard keys?

Post by deadlyfishy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:15 am

If so, how? And please don't yell at me if this is the wrong section. It seemed most appropriate out of the others.

I want to spice up a Xbox 360 chatpad specifically, if that matters at all.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Re: Can I make my own keyboard keys?

Post by Tibia » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Yes, you can make your own. As for the "how", that will depend on exactly what you want to do. For example, you could make new ones to fit the chatpad from wood or plastic, and just insert them in the holes. You could also design a custom keyboard to fit over the internal contacts of the chatpad, and make your own buttons for that. Or, if you're particularly ambitious, you could use your own switches/contacts, mapped to the appropriate places on the chatpad.

If this is your first time doing something like this, I'd recommend painting or modding the existing buttons.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

deadlyfishy

Re: Can I make my own keyboard keys?

Post by deadlyfishy » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm

I'm very new to modding in general, but when I tackle this mod job, I'm hoping to have a bit of experience. I just want it to look better, so probably just some custom key design for me..