Laptop case

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

logoris
Laptop case

Post by logoris » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:19 pm

Before I make a game console laptop I want to see if there is any where or anyone that could make a clear lexan or acrylic case reproduction for may laptop.

the body on my laptop is very scratched up and look very ugly. for the new body i am looking for a crystal clear body.

i would try this my self but i do not have the skills or equipment to do this work

snowpenguin

Re: Laptop case

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:24 am

Trust me, unless you have several hundred dollars and a LOT of patience, this won't work out well for you. You would need to completely disassemble your laptop, send in all the case parts, and have a mold made for them. Then clear plastic would need to be poured into the mold. Molds are time-consuming and expensive. You will undoubtedly pay hundreds of dollars to do that.

And this doesn't belong on this website at all. It doesn't even have anything to do with video games.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:22 am

I believe benheck is about technology in general, as the site has a f42 forum that talks about anything. It also has a technology help forum.. This forum is about Case Construction, doesn't matter what the case is. You're still going to need to construct a case, wether its for a game system, computer, or whatever.

Heck, technically speaking gamesystems are computers.

I've posted about airsoft guns, skateboards, cars, etc before. Heck, theres a "show your car" thread. I believe people showing pictures of theyre cars, is not related to videogames.

So snowpenguin, its best to not speak if you arent going to be nice and/or knowledgable about it.

Maybe he doesn't mind spending hundreds of dollars (possibly) on a clear case. Some people have that kind of money, you know.

logoris

Post by logoris » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:04 am

i would spend 2-300 bucks on it, and it is mostly disassembled right now any was so i can paint it, and disassembling computers and laptops is no problem because at work i to repairs for most computers

and i guess it doesn't have to be an exact replica i just need a clear body for it.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:17 pm

I did say, 'unless you have the money.' And if you do, go for it. If I was you I'd scour the web looking for plastic molding companies.

And I see your point HotDog Cart. I was in a baddish mood yesterday and shouldn't have posted at all. I seem to have angered a few people... :(

logoris

Post by logoris » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:50 pm

so are there any companies that you guys have used before

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Just search around online for a plastic molding business.

They will make a mold of each piece.
Then they will fill the mold with clear plastic.
They will finish it up, thread the screw holes, maybe machine out a few problems.

Good luck.

DopestKidEva
PSN Username:dopestkideva

Post by DopestKidEva » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:44 am

If you search your most likely going to find out how to do it yourself.
Not as hard as you think. It's just time. I can help just pm me
jjhammerstein wrote:I'm going to hunt you down and rape you forever.

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:34 am

I'm sorry, but I can't really see someone doing this themselves with good quality results and a cheaper price than companies do it for... I'm sure there's tons of equipment involved that 99% of people don't have...

logoris

Post by logoris » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:56 am

ok so i messaged a couple of companies about quotes hopefully the will be moderately affordable.

pretty much what i wanted to do is, i wanted to hook a whole bunch of multi color leds up the speakers so ever note would be a different color

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:01 pm

logoris wrote:ok so i messaged a couple of companies about quotes hopefully the will be moderately affordable.

pretty much what i wanted to do is, i wanted to hook a whole bunch of multi color leds up the speakers so ever note would be a different color
That's going to be pretty tough, involving microprocessors I think, :?
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:09 pm

eurddrue would be correct on that one, as different notes aren't produced by different voltages, but by different AC waveforms, Hertz. LEDs are different colors from different voltages and LED specs, you will need a microcontroller.

logoris

Post by logoris » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:26 pm

well i do have a large spot on the inside of my computer where the better models had bluetooth but mine didnt come with it.

as far as voltage my computer runs on 12-15 volts so i dont think it would be too hard to wire up, if leds wont work i could use cathode tubes or strip lights

DopestKidEva
PSN Username:dopestkideva

Post by DopestKidEva » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:15 am

how is this hard?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQkzWvHRdZ0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jjhammerstein wrote:I'm going to hunt you down and rape you forever.

logoris

Post by logoris » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:51 am

its easy for small simple things but i need it for a 15.4" laptop with perscion screw holes and if one screw hole comes out wrong i have to do it again, and how well does that material hold up to high heat and would i be able to make it come out crystal clear.