First case ever made advise

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

gamerjr
First case ever made advise

Post by gamerjr » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:40 pm

Ok well i have about $100 to spend on my case, i have no tools yet to build one and i am making the SNESp with a PSOne screen. I have sketch of what i want (not very original) but its my first. I have seen all of the tips and everything but what is the best way to make a case for beginners and that wont break very easily. i want that to be kind of essential due to my habit of dropping things. (Rubik's cube... solved 487 times died 1/22/09 from accident dropping and seperation at the core)and yes i really did keep count

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: First case ever made advise

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:26 pm

gamerjr wrote:Ok well i have about $100 to spend on my case, i have no tools yet to build one and i am making the SNESp with a PSOne screen. I have sketch of what i want (not very original) but its my first. I have seen all of the tips and everything but what is the best way to make a case for beginners and that wont break very easily. i want that to be kind of essential due to my habit of dropping things. (Rubik's cube... solved 487 times died 1/22/09 from accident dropping and seperation at the core)and yes i really did keep count
If you are going to spend $100 on your case, your best bet might be to pay someone to make it for you. Let them know to make it especially durable (use thicker materials). Find someone who does vacuum-formed cases for their portables, and see if they would be willing to make it for you. Be polite and specific. You may need to ask around.

First, though, have your portable complete. You don't want to go to them after the fact and say, "Yeah, so those dimensions I gave you? I need it bigger."

Hope that helps.

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:37 am

On average how much does that cost? i dont plan to start making the case until i get it together and working and all i really have is the controls done (which i know will have to be taken apart when i get to making the case) while i wait for my SNESmini and my PSOne screen (i was an idiot and bought the Intec gamecube screen) and most likely i wont get started on the case until april depending on how often i work on this.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:47 am

gamerjr wrote:On average how much does that cost? i dont plan to start making the case until i get it together and working and all i really have is the controls done (which i know will have to be taken apart when i get to making the case) while i wait for my SNESmini and my PSOne screen (i was an idiot and bought the Intec gamecube screen) and most likely i wont get started on the case until april depending on how often i work on this.
Glad to hear that you intend to having it "portablized" before you get to work on the case!

I don't know how much that will cost - it would depend on the individual to whom you talk. You'll have to ask around. Find out who does vacuum-formed cases (just look at completed mods) and ask them if they would be willing to do it for you.

Alternatively, post in the Trading Post section something like "WTB: vacuum-formed case for my portable" and in the body, post pictures showing what you have done and sketches/images of how you want your case to look. Don't put a price on it - ask for offers and hope for the best.

Good luck!

gamerjr

Post by gamerjr » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:09 pm

Thanks a lot Super Rutendik's here i come!!!(SNES and Rubik's cube combined)