Help with painting my NES case

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

NES Modder
Help with painting my NES case

Post by NES Modder » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:33 pm

I posted this in forum 42 and i dont know how to move it here or delete it from forum 42 or i would.

well, i'm just beginning to get into modding consoles and i want to paint my NES case.

BUT, i cant figure out a way to NOT paint over the power, reset, and nintendo labels that are in red.

any suggestions?

project_failure

Re: Help with painting my NES case

Post by project_failure » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:38 pm

NES Modder wrote:I posted this in forum 42 and i dont know how to move it here or delete it from forum 42 or i would.

well, i'm just beginning to get into modding consoles and i want to paint my NES case.

BUT, i cant figure out a way to NOT paint over the power, reset, and nintendo labels that are in red.

any suggestions?
A mod will lock the other one eventually. I suppose you could you use tape but that would be difficult.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Chapel

Post by Chapel » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:59 pm

I have heard that lots of people use clear decals after painting. You can probably find a hobby store that has either rub on letter decals or a decal making set. After applying them, you can use a clear coat as that will pretty much make the edges of the decals invisible.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:48 pm

couldn't you just use painter's tape or something?

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Perhaps something in this thread would help?

Zereo_XI

Post by Zereo_XI » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Simply take apart you NES and Place tape inside where the Power/Reset button is, for the Nintendo sign you might need to put tape and cut out the excess tape with a X-Acto knife. Thus reproducing the sign in tape over it.
My portable thread:
Not stating any project again until I have a job.

Nurd!

Post by Nurd! » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Can't you just take it apart and take the buttons out, wait for paint to be ready, then put them back?

femina

Post by femina » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:56 am

I am looking for a grad school to go to in NY NJ area for Masters of Fine Arts in the field of painting. I am looking for a good balance of traditional and modern environment. I paint in realistic style, but incorporate a lot of abstract and modern concepts. I know there are many art grad schools in this area that is why I am looking for people's suggestions from their experience. What is a good grad school for art (painting)?