Ideas for a 6" screen portable...

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

Meff
Ideas for a 6" screen portable...

Post by Meff » Thu May 22, 2008 6:09 am

[Sorry, if the topic is in the wrong place. xP]
Hi people, I'll be getting a really cheap 6" XBox screen (with video input) soon, and I want to take it to the portablization world! Oo I'm planning to make a Nes (Noac) or Snes (mini Snes) portable, but the second one isn't really offered anywhere in my country, so I think I'll just buy another nes-on-a-chip for the project (little waste for the screen). Anyway, the screen as You may know is huge. What can I do with such a big screen? I mean how can I assemble the case? Make a laptop thing with the screen on the upper side and a cart slot in the other one?
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/7182/laprs1.gif
Or just make a biiiiig horizontal psp-like "portable" with the screen in the middle? I like the idea, but it will be kinda big...
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/215/psplikexp4.gif
Or maybe You have any suggestions?
Honestly? All my projects are far from being somewhat done...

APHawkes

Post by APHawkes » Thu May 22, 2008 6:46 am

I would say making a laptop is harder than a unified portable. 6" Isn't really that large for a screen (it's only an inch larger than the PS1 LCD). Considering how large the NES cartridges are I don't think the size of the screen would be out of proportion.

Meff

Post by Meff » Thu May 22, 2008 7:03 am

APHawkes wrote:Considering how large the NES cartridges are I don't think the size of the screen would be out of proportion.
Wooops. I forgot to say it would run the smaller Famicom cartridges like here. As I said, they are smaller and more common here in Poland.
Honestly? All my projects are far from being somewhat done...