Spray Paint

Yes it is nice to be able to put your projects INSIDE something isn't it? You know, to hold everything together so it doesn't flop around? Discuss the techniques here!

Moderator:Moderators

Dark-Aries
Re:

Post by Dark-Aries » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:45 am

Tibia wrote:For those of us in northern climates, when spraying isn't easy during the winter, I use an old PC cover. It's protected on three sides, so there's no overspray. I can do it in the house, right in front of the door. I just open the door while I'm spraying, then close it again. It's a great way to keep everything warm and not gas yourself out with bad fumes.

On that thoughut (I'm half bumping this becasue I'm painting right now and the light wind doesn't help

Making a Spray booth will help in the long run. If you'll be painting outdoors (like me, no garage) then just a cardboard box will do. If you do want to paint in the garage, cut a whole in the back of the box, tape some sort of filter material there, then mount a bathrrom fan behind it, or use a shop vac, something to take away the fumes. IF you do this by a window, you can have a tube bring all the fumes outside, where they are much less harmful. Also buy a TV sivel from the dollar store to place whatever you want ontop, this allows 360 rotation of the piece. When your done painting, you can close the doors a bit so less dust will get inside. Also mounting a lamp in the box would help to illuminate dark corners...

MY 2 cents...:)