FS RDRAM Transplant N64

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo
FS RDRAM Transplant N64

Post by qwertymodo » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:46 pm

I have a NUS-CPU-04 N64 board with the RDRAM transplanted, great base for starting a portable. Fully tested and working. I haven't done the on-board termination yet, so it still needs the Jumper Pak, but if you want I can do that as well. Make an offer, I have no idea what this is worth other than what I've put into parts, so if anybody has posted one for sale before, I'd appreciate knowing what it went for. A few of the screws are missing inside the console, but other than that it's all complete (photo is of the bare board before I put it back in the shell, it *does* have the shell if you want it). I don't check here often, but you can email me at [my username] [at] gmail

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: FS RDRAM Transplant N64

Post by eagle5953 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:01 am

If memory serves, that's the process whereby you replace two smaller capacity chips with two larger ones, making the entire RAM bank flush, correct?

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:20 am

Yes, basically it's like soldering the expansion pak onto the main board so you don't need the slot or the separate board sticking out, but it's achieved by replacing the original chips with the larger ones found in the expansion pak as well as later board revisions. The only reason for doing so is for a portable project where the expansion pak would get in the way with how it sticks out at a right angle, and is basically the only part that does so if you do a cart slot relocation. However, like I said, I haven't yet terminated the bus on the mainboard, so it does still require the jumper pak, but I can do the termination too if a prospective buyer wants that done, which would remove the slot entirely. Basically I've had this board around planning to build a portable, but it just doesn't look like that's gonna happen any time soon, so I'm looking to sell it if somebody else wants to. Surface-mount soldering isn't the easiest thing in the world, especially at this size, so I figure there might be somebody out there who would want a board like this but either can't or doesn't want to do it themselves.

justinthmodder2

Post by justinthmodder2 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:13 pm

What is the model of the new chip(s)? Do you have a photo?
"themadhacker wrote:
"chainfire95 wrote:
What are radio shack buttons?"

buttons you buy at radioshack."
Spoiler:
lol you fell for it