Custom PC Game controller?

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

ffomega25
Custom PC Game controller?

Post by ffomega25 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:56 am

Hi. I was wondering if it was possible to mod an analog game controller to have more buttons. I see a lot of mods to change xbox 360 and PS2 (3) controllers to make them one-handed or more accessible for certain users. But could it have more buttons? I was wanting an 18-button game controller.

The reason for this is because I am an active online gamer and have been using X-padder with my PS3 controller to play my games. The controller works wonderfully for my purposes, except that there are far too few buttons to map keybindings and skills. I thought about getting one of those MMO gamepads, but I want an actual gaming controller.

I'd like a game controller to follow the same function. I created a crude design for what I was looking for:

I would certainly benefit from a game controller like this. Can it be done?

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: Custom PC Game controller?

Post by eagle5953 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:01 pm

You could wire up a keyboard into a controller, which would give you ~100 buttons available. Not sure what you'd do for analog sticks though.

Diminuendo

Re: Custom PC Game controller?

Post by Diminuendo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:04 pm

you could use a teensy like it is used here to get analog sticks with upto 40 extra inputs.