FS: TINY N64 Controllers

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

JonathanMC

Post by JonathanMC » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Shocklayer found out how to make the N64 controller SUPER tiny so I tried it out and it works great! I recently got a new soldering station and want to get back into modding so I was hoping to get some money to start up a new project. I can add the wires for the buttons.
I was thinking around 35-40$ per controller but I would be willing to trade or maybe negotiate and all that jazz if you need. Anyways here are some size comparison pictures:
ImageImage

Diminuendo

Re: FS: TINY N64 Controllers

Post by Diminuendo » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:46 pm

I think there is a key problem to you selling this; if someone needs your skill to have one of these made, then they probably dont have to skill to solder small enough to the rest of the pins for button contacts

There is also the problem that RDC is offering one similar with a custom PCB for $50, now it isn't as small, but is costs him over $25 in components to make (by my estimate from my PMs with him) and has a potentiometer stick adapter on the board.

You on the other hand have less than $10 in components, so there is just the innate feeling that I'm getting my moneys worth from RDC more than you.

I hope that this doesn't come off as pissy, I am actually trying to help. I am saying this as if you reduced to a more reasonable price with some alterations, you might actually get some business

ttsgeb
360 GamerTag:ttsgeb
Steam ID:ttsgeb

Re: FS: TINY N64 Controllers

Post by ttsgeb » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

Basically, what he's saying is to run and label the wires for the buttons... and maybe drop the price by $5-$10
It also couldn't hurt to advertise it at a forum that gets more traffic, like MR, MBB, or SSF.

If you aren't wiring up a converter, I'd offer to include the original thumbstick (As-is) at no charge, or only the adjusted shipping charge, or whatever.

Not that I don't like BH, but registration is closed, and that is a bit of an issue for making sales.

JonathanMC

Post by JonathanMC » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks to both of you. I think I offered to add the wires to the pins, but I should just have it like that by default, and I have some converters that I'm going to wire up so that should increase their value as well. If anyone wants them than that's cool but I'm probably not going to really TRY to sell these because I can use them, which I might just do. Also I think what RDC does is awesome and his controllers are more practical for people to buy anyways.