FS: GameCube controller to Wii Classic Controller adapter

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo
FS: GameCube controller to Wii Classic Controller adapter

Post by qwertymodo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:58 pm

After working on this project for awhile, I found out a lot of people were interested in a GameCube controller version as well. Unfortunately, GC controllers are more expensive to come by than SNES, and the analog sticks make it far more likely to come across DOA controllers buying them on Ebay, so for GameCube, I decided to go with an adapter cable instead. The final product will be a cable that plugs into the extension port on a Wii remote, acting as a Classic Controller, with the other end of the cable being a female GameCube controller port. The main reason for this would be using GameCube controllers on a WiiU or Wii Slim, which don't have GameCube ports. You will be able to use the GC controller for any game (homebrew included) that supports Classic Controllers. Also, if Devolution ever gets updated for the WiiU, we'll be able to play GameCube games on the WiiU, and this adapter will allow using the original controller with them. Based on my work with the SNES adapter, I should be able to have these available sometime in January. I have all the parts, I just have to make a few adjustments to the microcontroller code. I'm looking for $25 apiece.

Hifeno
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: FS: GameCube controller to Wii Classic Controller adapter

Post by Hifeno » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm

I would be very interested in this if and when it is ready.
That's Hacking Awsome
Visit my Website http://hifeno.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo

Re: FS: GameCube controller to Wii Classic Controller adapter

Post by qwertymodo » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:43 pm

The hardware is ready, but I'm working on adding support for on-the-fly button remapping via software. From the sound of things, tueidj's going to add the software-side support into libwiiuse and Devolution.