I provide Sega Nomad screen, battery, & region mods

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

themadhacker
Re: I provide Sega Nomad screen, battery, & region mods

Post by themadhacker » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:08 pm

Bump! Anybody else need their nomads modded? Would be a great Christmas present to yourself or your gaming buddies.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

sparksterz

Post by sparksterz » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 pm

I sent mine! I can't wait to play Pier Solar when I'm not at home! It will make it so much easier for me to play it when I'm not around.

That's my eager face

shedeus

Post by shedeus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 am

PM sent!

amazing work, i'm really stoked about this

shedeus

Post by shedeus » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:43 am

ack... I can't PM you since my forum account is brand new and on probation?

madhatter, can you PM me your contact info and we'll go from there?

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:09 am

Pm responded to :D

shedeus

Post by shedeus » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:26 am

received your PM, but still can't PM you back lol. when i try to compose a PM, I get this message:

"We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature."

Regardless, I'm interested in having the LCD mod, battery mod, and Svideo mod done to my Nomad.

But here's the catch: my Nomad is already modded all to hell - 1st player controller port, PAL/JAP override, overclock, etc. etc.

So a few quick questions:

1) Do you think my existing mods will be an issue for your new LCD or Svideo mods?
2) My existing, external screen protector is scratched up, will you be replacing that along with the LCD?
3) Does the new LCD still allow for use of the dimmer dial? I'd like the option of switching off the display.
4) Does playing games in PAL/50hz look strange on the new LCD? I've seen gameplay in 50hz appear as B&W on some vids with new screens
5) You suggested a few package discounts for mod work. Can you cut me a deal for these 3 mods? ..wouldn't hurt to ask lol

Given the fact I can't PM you back, please PM me with your direct contact info so we can work out details.

Many thanks in advance!!

snakeye355

Post by snakeye355 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:07 am

hey there everyone! i just got back my nomad from the madhacker and i couldn't believe my eyes....to the people who've said the nomad screen is just fine the way it is, let me tell you, it's not...my new screen has improved my nomad gameplay rate by 99%...the brightness and vivid colors literally compare to that of the ds screens and not only that, my nomad outputs s-video and i can finally play my jap and Pal games. i also recieved my battery pack and i have to say, it feels at least 60% lighter than when i sent it and that goes for my nomad as well...they both feel so amazingly light when put together and my battery has been lasting for 3 days so far at least 4 hours per day, and i have yet to see the low battery led flash red....i must say though, having over 60 genesis games i've tried nearly all of them and they all worked wonderfully except one....the region mod seems to affect my genesis version of "FLASHBACK" as it recieves an error saying its a "NTSC american cartridge" which is a bit wierd since my nomad is american....its not that big a deal and i actually prefer to play this game on my big tv with my genesis 2...other than that i'm very happy with the madhackers work...please, to all those that feel as skeptical as i did when i first saw this forum, don't be! the madhacker always keeps in touch and his work although a bit expensive, is really worth it if your trying to upgrade your nomad..thanks madhacker and honestly you should create your own website for this service seriously!!!!

Cholkavich
360 GamerTag:Cholkavich

Post by Cholkavich » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 pm

I was pointed your way via the sega-16 forum. I'm interested in doing the screen and battery mod. I can't pm you because of my too few posts, can you pm me your contact info, thanks!

Jmustang1968
360 GamerTag:Jmustang1968
Steam ID:Jmustang2007

Post by Jmustang1968 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:54 pm

Hello, I would also be interested in the Nomad screen and battery mods, but cannot pm either.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:21 pm

PMs sent

snakeye355

Post by snakeye355 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:54 pm

sent you pm....please respond

omp

Post by omp » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:16 am

The reset mod is another handy mod to add to these as well. Had a cart that requires reset to be pressed to select 1 of 5 games. A few cheap parts and fairly easy to do.

sparksterz

Post by sparksterz » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:52 am

Just got my nomad a couple days ago, and I can't stop playing it!

The screen looks amazing, the battery lasts longer than some portables today do, plus the S-video is now some of the nicest video out I have on a Genesis system beating my model 1 S-video mod! Everything works as expected. I am very happy with the mod and would definitely do business again!

If anyone wants some pictures feel free to ask!

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 am

Thank you for the positive feedback, I'm glad you are enjoying it! :mrgreen:

Jmustang1968
360 GamerTag:Jmustang1968
Steam ID:Jmustang2007

Post by Jmustang1968 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Hello there themadhacker, do you happen to have any updates on my nomad I sent you? I was expecting it might be done some time soon...