Steam Punk PS3 Laptop or Ordinary PS3 Laptop

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO
Re: Steam Punk PS3 Laptop or Ordinary PS3 Laptop

Post by GoldenfrankO » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:16 pm

He won't get $2500. MOST I can see it selling for is $1500-$1600 if your lucky. The thing is cool for what it is, but it lacks that "clean" finish. I'm not here to put you down, as it's better than anything I could do, but asking $2500 is out of the question. I hope you can get at the very least your money back in parts.

CryMax

Post by CryMax » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:36 am

it's cuz it's not finished yet I still need to paint it and make the eject and power buttons

if I paint it in a army style camouflage do you think I can get $2,500.00 for it?

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:41 am

you will be lucky to break even, if you can sell it at all. The truth about building portable game systems is thus: Just because you spent X amount of money to build it does NOT mean you can sell it for that. Its like restoring a classic car, it usually costs more to restore a car from the ground up than you can ever sell it for. your system is , no offense, FREAKING MASSIVE. its more than twice as thick as one of bens laptops. who would want to buy a "portable" PS3 thats bigger than a normal PS3? not very many people. the best paintjob in the WORLD isnt going to make this thing smaller, or make anybody more likely to buy it for that matter. I'm sorry if the truth hurts.

And I think i'm qualified to tell you this :lol: I've been an active member of this community for over 5 years, i personally know Ben, Marshallh, sparkfist, spongebuell, and many more and have built more than a few portables myself over the years. the number of people who actually turn as large of a profit as you think you deserve is VERY small. shockslayer has made more portables than most, and a lot of his were sold at barely above cost. the amount of time and money invested in this hobby rarely pays off :? unless you're just in it for the enjoyment

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:21 pm

CryMax wrote:dude I cant sell it for $1000 it cost me $1500 to make it

Do you think anybody even remotely interested in buying it is going to give two crap about that? I'm currently looking at buying a 1975 nova for $3000. It's been painted in recent years and the interior is nice. I can tell that at one point somebody put a good bit of money into it. But that's not going to make me pay 7500 for it.

Welcome to economics, my friend. If you really want to make money, get a job.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

NES

Post by NES » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

themadhacker wrote:
CryMax wrote:dude I cant sell it for $1000 it cost me $1500 to make it

Do you think anybody even remotely interested in buying it is going to give two crap about that? I'm currently looking at buying a 1975 nova for $3000. It's been painted in recent years and the interior is nice. I can tell that at one point somebody put a good bit of money into it. But that's not going to make me pay 7500 for it.

Welcome to economics, my friend. If you really want to make money, get a job.
Nice car

CryMax

Post by CryMax » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:14 pm

I would get a copulate copulate hole but I'm 13 years old!!!!!!!

get a life copulate trollers

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm not just trolling you, the truth hurts sometimes. You cant win em all, next time you'll research more before you build something expecting unrealistic profit margins.

neverused

Post by neverused » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Look, unfortunately this seems like it will be an expensive learning experience, one that many, many experienced modders and members always warn against as a first or even early mod. Simply put, experience is key with attempting something like this. $1500 is a considerable investment for someone so desperate for money and does not entitle you to a higher or any profit. Business is business and the market does not bear poor production choices in the long run, it's not sustainable. While you may want, even need, to get more than $1500 for your product, the simple fact is that you are entitled to nothing for it. Cost of production really has little to do with what you will get. I am sure this will not be the last time you learn something this way.

Quite fitting: Image

wezza7611

Post by wezza7611 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:38 am

I have to be honest. I might as well just take my PC with me than carry that thing.

The only uses I can see for that thing are as either A normal static Ps3, or a murder weapon.

CryMax

Post by CryMax » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:54 pm

Look copulate you all

If someone is interested in buying a US Army PS3 Laptop you can contact me at this email: Cryxim@gmail.com