WTB: RGB Moddable N64

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

Helpplease

Post by Helpplease » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:04 am

Looking for a N64 that can be modified to output RGB, anyone have one? Even if it's just the motherboard I buy it from you.
Gonna see if I can mod a Pikachu N64 and add a internal RGB to HDMI converter so one can easily connect it to modern TV's.

Helpplease

Re: WTB: RGB Moddable N64

Post by Helpplease » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:48 am

Bump? Could really need some help finding one.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:06 pm

I have one, but I don't think it will work like you expect. The analog 15khz RGB that the n64 outputs is different from the digital RGB used in HDMI and the like.

The closest you will get I think Is VGA, either through an FPGA like marshallh did a little bit ago or with a scan doubler (which should work, in theory).
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

Helpplease

Re: WTB: RGB Moddable N64

Post by Helpplease » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:38 am

I could more into the details of the build, what I'm looking for is a N64 motherboard of the right revision that have the VDC-NUS so it can output RGB with a simple mod.
So I'm only looking for a N64 with revision NUS-CPU-01 to NUS-CPU-04.
Then I plan to add one of these inside of the N64.
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/scart-vide ... rter-22846

It should work out pretty good and would make it a lot easier to connect the N64 to a modern TV.
No worries that it won't fit, I will use a orange Pikachu N64 as they have a lot more room in them.
Yes I will swap out the motherboard in the Pikachu N64 to one that can be rgb modded.