Cartridge relocation? Portable? Anything!

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

whatchitfoool
PSN Username:whatchitfoool
360 GamerTag:whatchitfoool
Steam ID:whatchitfoool
Re: Cartridge relocation? Portable? Anything!

Post by whatchitfoool » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:49 pm

ya, and its also a push on connector that matches number of and spacing of the pins. asking for the part numbers save me (and anyone else in the community) from searching.

from your response, i'd guess you've never spent hours looking for a specifically particular part. and sometimes not finding it.

ProgMetalMan

Post by ProgMetalMan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 pm

Because I know that it's a card-edge connecter salvaged from an existing N64, likely the one that he got the motherboard from...
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.

whatchitfoool
PSN Username:whatchitfoool
360 GamerTag:whatchitfoool
Steam ID:whatchitfoool

Post by whatchitfoool » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:18 pm

ProgMetalMan wrote:Dude, it's just ribbon cable.
wrong.
ProgMetalMan wrote:Because I know that it's just a card-edge connecter salvaged from an existing N64
wrong.

You should quit assuming you "know" something, and take a look at the sensory information that you're ignoring. If you could be bothered to look at the picture, you should be able to see the part im talking about; unless your blind and use text to speech or something...

here is something i found again about this http://kyorune.com/modding/article.php?id=100. But alas, no information on pin spacing or ordering numbers (except for the header pins). Information on the snap-on female plugs would be great if anyone had it.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 am

It's just a 50 pin SCSI connector. Buy them off Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/36-50-Pin-SCSI- ... 415e83d600

The header pins were for the other side to hook to the N64 mainboard. In his pic he just soldered that side.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance