WTB/T Any laptop from 2005-

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

King Kolton9
WTB/T Any laptop from 2005-

Post by King Kolton9 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:27 am

I would like to buy/ trade for a working lapto from 2005-, it can't be a dell, it can be a laptop/tablet, and it doesn't even have to work, all i need is it to have a case, and every part included. I can only offer trades unless its so broken that it's like 11 dollars. (Hey, it can happen! :mrgreen: )
Ever heard the saying "Half full, or half empty?"
Well, If you measure the cup, and put a line in the middle, and fill to the line, it's half full, but If you fill it to the top, and drink to the line it's half empty!

King Kolton9

Re: WTB/T Any laptop from 2005-

Post by King Kolton9 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:19 pm

King Kolton9 wrote:I would like to buy/ trade for a working lapto from 2005-, it can't be a dell, it can be a laptop/tablet, and it doesn't even have to work, all i need is it to have a case, and every part included. I can only offer trades unless its so broken that it's like 11 dollars. (Hey, it can happen! :mrgreen: )
bump
Well, If you measure the cup, and put a line in the middle, and fill to the line, it's half full, but If you fill it to the top, and drink to the line it's half empty!

meleniumshane90
PSN Username:meleniumshane90
360 GamerTag:meleniumshane90
Steam ID:meleniumshane90

Post by meleniumshane90 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:38 pm

Sorry I didn't get back to your PM, it doesn't email me when new messages arrive & I haven't been on in months.

To answer your question, I have the Sony Vaio for parts. Depending on how much you're looking to spend, but just keep in mind the LCD itself usually goes for close to $100 on eBay.

King Kolton9

Post by King Kolton9 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:36 am

meleniumshane90 wrote:Sorry I didn't get back to your PM, it doesn't email me when new messages arrive & I haven't been on in months.

To answer your question, I have the Sony Vaio for parts. Depending on how much you're looking to spend, but just keep in mind the LCD itself usually goes for close to $100 on eBay.
Is sony on meth? Thats too expencive, but how much for the HDD, and how many GigaBites is it? Is it a terrabite?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:04 pm

lawl. 1tb laptop hdd from 2005. ISTHISREALIFE?!

Acronell

Post by Acronell » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:24 pm

King Kolton9 wrote:
meleniumshane90 wrote:Sorry I didn't get back to your PM, it doesn't email me when new messages arrive & I haven't been on in months.

Is sony on meth? Thats too expencive, but how much for the HDD, and how many GigaBites is it? Is it a terrabite?
No, Sony is just currently dealing with a large scale major catastrophe that has actually begun to cripple them, as well as Toyota and a few other companies that are based in Japan.

There are no TB for laptops from back then, the idea wasn't even mainstream until two years ago, and they still don't come stock in laptops.
HotDog-Cart wrote:lawl. 1tb laptop hdd from 2005. ISTHISREALIFE?!
I think he's being super cereal guy, u mad?
~_+_~WhEn ThE sUn FoUnD tHe MoOn, ShE wAs DrInKiNg TeA iN a GaRdEn, UnDeR tHe GrEeN uMbReLlA tReEs In ThE mIdDlE oF sUmMeR~_+_~

~+~Doki Doki Tari Desu-Ruby Tuts/Ideas
~+~SeeTheMasterPlay on deviantART - My deviantART

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:40 pm

Uh... Does it need to be in one piece?

I have a number of laptops that I've been parting off.

King Kolton9

Post by King Kolton9 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Snow_Cat wrote:Uh... Does it need to be in one piece?

I have a number of laptops that I've been parting off.
no it does not hjave to be in one piece, just has all the parts in working condition. may i see them?

King Kolton9

Post by King Kolton9 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Acronell wrote:
King Kolton9 wrote:

I think he's being super cereal guy, u mad?
Huh? super cearal guy? Its has 1 terrabyte of flavor!

meleniumshane90
PSN Username:meleniumshane90
360 GamerTag:meleniumshane90
Steam ID:meleniumshane90

Post by meleniumshane90 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:45 pm

King Kolton9 wrote:

Nope, but if you were to try and buy a replacement screen from them it would be several hundred dollars. I'm just going off the eBay prices & being straight forward with you.

The hard drive was sold months ago, it was an 80GB 2.5" IDE Drive - I think in 2005, a 120GB HDD on a laptop would have been large.

Good luck,

- Shane

King Kolton9

Post by King Kolton9 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:30 am

meleniumshane90 wrote:
King Kolton9 wrote:

Good luck,

- Shane
ok shane, how much ere they sold for? On an unrelated note (its my fourm) why is the leather on my eames lounge chair drying blotchy? is is because some wood cleaer got on there?

Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:39 pm

all the parts in working condition
Ah, no. Sorry, if all the parts were in working condition I would not be parting them off.

(2005 an newer)
Spoiler:
I have IBM Thinkpads that had their power input circuts fried by "universal" power supplies (they take 14.2V and all other brands accept 18.5 V) (stripped of harddrives)

A gateway with an "unknown" motherboard failure. (motherboard, chassis keyboard and screen only)

HP/Compaqs with various motherboard defects. All fully disassembled and sorted into boxes. No harddrives remaining.

King Kolton9

Post by King Kolton9 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:23 pm

Snow_Cat wrote:
all the parts in working condition
Ah, no. Sorry, if all the parts were in working condition I would not be parting them off.

(2005 an newer)
Spoiler:
I have IBM Thinkpads that had their power input circuts fried by "universal" power supplies (they take 14.2V and all other brands accept 18.5 V) (stripped of harddrives)

A gateway with an "unknown" motherboard failure. (motherboard, chassis keyboard and screen only)

HP/Compaqs with various motherboard defects. All fully disassembled and sorted into boxes. No harddrives remaining.
if you can fit a a woking mobo into a non working computer with no modding i'll take it.

Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:42 pm

into a non working computer with no modding
^ . .^ May I ask: what do you intend to do with these parts?

Most of the laptop mobos I have on hand are made for a specific chasis, and are not interchangeable.

The IBM Thinkpads are very much repairable (needs new SMD fuses) but I have no HDDs for them.

King Kolton9

Post by King Kolton9 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Snow_Cat wrote:
into a non working computer with no modding
^ . .^ May I ask: what do you intend to do with these parts?

Most of the laptop mobos I have on hand are made for a specific chasis, and are not interchangeable.

The IBM Thinkpads are very much repairable (needs new SMD fuses) but I have no HDDs for them.
I would use them.