WTB a controller (360) modded for a PS3

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

Bizazedo
PSN Username:Bizazedo
360 GamerTag:Bizazedo
Steam ID:Bizazedo
WTB a controller (360) modded for a PS3

Post by Bizazedo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Howdy...first time visit, mainly because I'm desperate :).

I have muscular dystrophy, which is only really relevant in this post to explain that, oddly enough, I can only really use the 360 controller very well. The PS3 one, the shape is a bit odd for my contracted hands, but for some reason, the 360 controller works (well, except the left shoulder button, but even then, I can hit it).

The problem is I am a huge fan of fighting games. I can't use a fight stick really as well as I used to be able to, but the 360 pad I can....but most tournaments are on PS3's.

Is it possible or feasible to get a 360, wired controller, to work on a PS3?

I've tried a lot of alternatives, but the size / weight / feel and even how much strength is needed to press a button or move the stick is always wrong.

MrAfterFx
Portablizer
Steam ID:MrAfterFx

Re: WTB a controller (360) modded for a PS3

Post by MrAfterFx » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:19 pm

What it seems to me is that you are in need of a custom controller that is designed like a fighting pad for easy access when playing these games on your ps3. I can rewire buttons just fine and can make you a game pad (your own controller placement and design) to make it easier then just using a controller and having to deal with a weird feel.

I am sorry about your condition and I hope that you can figure out a design so I can try my best and replicate it for you.

And welcome to the BH forums!

Bizazedo

Post by Bizazedo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:29 pm

MrAfterFx wrote:What it seems to me is that you are in need of a custom controller that is designed like a fighting pad for easy access when playing these games on your ps3. I can rewire buttons just fine and can make you a game pad (your own controller placement and design) to make it easier then just using a controller and having to deal with a weird feel.

I am sorry about your condition and I hope that you can figure out a design so I can try my best and replicate it for you.

And welcome to the BH forums!
Hey :).

That's the weird thing, I actually *like* the standard 360 pad. I have no idea why it works, it just works. Probably because the analog is easier for me than a d-pad and it's position is in a good position for my hands (my hands are small and the left one is..curved?..for lack of a better term differently then the other).

I actually thought I had something with the Power A controller (This thing) http://www.powera.com/ps3/ps3.asp?section=5&prod=051082.

But, they made it bigger and due to small hands :(. That and the shoulder / triggers weren't as easy.

So, honestly? Standard 360 black controller is what I use with the wire for tourneys because of its size and easy to press buttons (I tried a Madcatz fightpad, buttons were way too hard to push).

MrAfterFx
Portablizer
Steam ID:MrAfterFx

Post by MrAfterFx » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:30 pm

okay so you want a ps360 controller lol. A ps3 controller in a 360 controller case, I could do that but want to experiment with them before I attempt one. I have already made a portable and know what I am doing but just want to make sure with smaller parts before I take up a commission. I will keep in contact with you and try my best as to help you out :)

Bizazedo

Post by Bizazedo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 pm

MrAfterFx wrote:okay so you want a ps360 controller lol. A ps3 controller in a 360 controller case, I could do that but want to experiment with them before I attempt one. I have already made a portable and know what I am doing but just want to make sure with smaller parts before I take up a commission. I will keep in contact with you and try my best as to help you out :)
Thanks :). I'll be gone next week, but afterwards I am around forever.

It would definitely help me not rage whenever I put a wrong input in and eat a low or jump backwards instead of blocking.

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Bizazedo wrote:
MrAfterFx wrote:okay so you want a ps360 controller lol. A ps3 controller in a 360 controller case, I could do that but want to experiment with them before I attempt one. I have already made a portable and know what I am doing but just want to make sure with smaller parts before I take up a commission. I will keep in contact with you and try my best as to help you out :)
Thanks :). I'll be gone next week, but afterwards I am around forever.

It would definitely help me not rage whenever I put a wrong input in and eat a low or jump backwards instead of blocking.
If MrAfterFx isn't comfortable with taking a commission just yet, forum member RDC has done some really nice PS360 controller mods, you could PM him.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

Bizazedo

Post by Bizazedo » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Cool, I'll keep that in mind :).

Going on a cruise this Saturday, so I'll check back here when I get back to see. As long as it works is what I'm after. I'd rather blame myself then the controller, y'know?