Cheapest way to buy a PS3?

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight
Cheapest way to buy a PS3?

Post by jdmlight » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:09 pm

I really would like a PS3, but $300 is too expensive. I don't care if it's fat or slim, nor do I care about the size of the hard drive (I have a few extra 2.5" SATA drives I could drop in), nor do I care about backwards compatibility (I have a PS2).

What are the cheapest ways to get a PS3? Is there some error that is common but easy to fix, where I could buy a broken one then fix it?

Best Buy this week has the PS3 for $300 (regular price) but with a $100 giftcard. That's a good deal, but I don't want a giftcard to Best Buy. Microcenter also has refurbished PS3s for $200 (no giftcard/rebate hassles). Is $200 for a PS3 beatable? I'm in college, so cheaper is better.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

willtthorne
360 GamerTag:willthorne

Re: Cheapest way to buy a PS3?

Post by willtthorne » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 pm

did you look on ebay yet? if not try it :mrgreen:
CORRENT PROJECT : PORTABLE SEGA GENISSIS! (for sale for around 150$)

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Re: Cheapest way to buy a PS3?

Post by jdmlight » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 am

willtthorne wrote:did you look on ebay yet? if not try it :mrgreen:
I did; there are a few under $100 with YLOD (not sure how fixable that is), but otherwise $200 for a refurb at Microcenter is a better deal than eBay.
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.