WTB - Phenom II CPUs, Laptop Parts, 2.5" HDD, SSDs, L4D PC

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

meleniumshane90
PSN Username:meleniumshane90
360 GamerTag:meleniumshane90
Steam ID:meleniumshane90
WTB - Phenom II CPUs, Laptop Parts, 2.5" HDD, SSDs, L4D PC

Post by meleniumshane90 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:57 pm

My WTS Thread 15.4 Laptop, AM3 Motherboards, Vapor-X 4870 / 5770, FREE STUFF, PSOne LCDs, etc.

UPDATED DAILY!

Reply Here Before PM'ing Me!

Trades are a preferred, but I will use PayPal to make purchases

Want To Buy / Trade
I'm always looking for classic video game systems, controllers, & accessories.

Steam Games
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Valve Pack will do if cheap (its for a friend)
Hardware - Laptop Hardware Below
Phenom II X3 Black Edition
Phenom II X4 Black Edition
Phenom II X6

30+ GB SSD (SATA II, Trim, etc.) Less than $2 Per GB

My freind is looking for a Full ATX tower cheap - must have room for a 4850X2 (11.5)

2 ASUS 23.6 (24) 1920 x 1080 LCD Monitors - no scratches on the screen (So I can Tri-Monitor)
- Should be compatible with the ASUS VH242HL-P or the ASUS VH242H, unless you have a sick deal on 2 or 3 monitors.

If I ever get 3 monitors that are the same, I will be needing a cheap active DP to DVI adapter.
Any deal on a gaming laptop - Nvidia 8600 or better, ATI 3650 or better (>$500)
Video Games
N64 Drawer, SNES Drawer, NES Drawer, Genesis Drawer

X-Arcade Joystick & Accessories

Classic Video Game Equipment (Systems, Games, Accessories, etc.) - just make an offer, I'll see if I need it
Car Stuff
Cheap, but decent head unit with AUX input
Wireable Switches
Laptop Hardware - For my Everex XT5000T [Custom project coming soon! :) ] NEW!
Everex XT5000T or XT53000T Laptops for parts or working condition
particularly for these parts:
Everex XT Series LCD Screen
Everex XT Series Battery
Everex XT Series Keyboard & Touchpad
Everex XT Series Case
Motherboard, CPU, HDD, & Memory is not the concern (though, if the motherboard is repairable & you just didn't want to bake / reflow yours, I'll certainly try my hand at it!)
AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 or better (preferably 65µm) (CHEAP!)
2 x 2GB DDR2 800 SO-DIMM Laptop Memory (CL4 or CL5)
Large Capacity 7200 rpm (will consider 5400 rpm too) 2.5 SATA II Hard Drive
- Keep in mind a 500GB Western Digital Scorpio Black 7200 rpm notebook drive is only $68 shipped
30+ GB SSD SATA II (CHEAP) : $30-100
Small 5V fans
Slim copper heatsinks - something that may work for the laptop
- Northbridge, nVidia GeForce 4, 5, 6, 7 coolers, etc.
Thin copper plates & heatpipes for fabricating a custom heatsink
Mini PCIe Wireless N Card
Transparent aluminum to contain the whales in 1986 (or acrylic will work) 8 x 7 or larger
- I'm building a custom, transparent panel for the bottom of the XT5000T to contain everything
And can you tell me where the nuclear wessels are in Alameda? NU-CLE-AR WESSELS

In response to CL6 DDR2 800 SO-DIMM Memory:
The CAS latency is 6 - I'm really looking for memory with tighter timings.

Plus, I don't want to have 6-6-6 18 memory or Satan will be called upon the laptop. Laptop exorcisms can be difficult.
- -

Here is my flawless eBay Seller Account: Meleniumshane90
Heatware Account - Meleniumshane90
My GameTZ Account

I'm PayPal Verified!

Last edited by meleniumshane90 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

wizzard1

Re: WTB - Phenom II CPUs, Laptop Parts, 2.5" HDD, SSDs, L4D PC

Post by wizzard1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:29 pm

I have a 17" WUXGA LCD (which likely will work in your lappy there), and possibly a processor (I have a midrange S1 floating around someplace).

CL4/CL5 DDRII-800 SODIMMs will be VERY hard to find. It's like 4GB DDRII DIMMs- Nobody wanted them bad enough to be compatible with them, so nobody made them!

Also, I hope that 30GB wont be for your laptop running anything other than XP- A Windows 7 installation eats up around 15GB, and the best use of your SSD certainly isn't for data storage but for the OS and your games to fit on, to decrease loading time- I know my MW2 install is at least 10GB, same for SCII.

meleniumshane90

Post by meleniumshane90 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:57 pm

I'd have to see the model on the LCD screen, because laptop screens use proprietary interfaces - its unlikely that another brand will match up. Buf of course, its worth a look! CL4 / 5 DDR2 SO-Dimms aren't hard to find though, Newegg Link

Resales of low-latency DDR2 Laptop memory are the hard thing to find - I'm likely going to go for the Blue-heatsinked G.Skill's. The memory was made - its popularity has gone up now, especially now that the prices are more reasonable. They are still being used in EEEPCs and the newer Turions as well - though AMDs mobile platform has started to migrate to DDR3. Now thats memory thats easy to find and has really dropped in price.

I have 2 bays in the laptop, one I'm planning on using for the SSD, the other for a 7200 rpm Western Digital Caviar Black SATA II HDD. 30GB is sufficient for both operating systems, but I would never put XP on an SSD. XP = no TRIM. 30GB is leaves plenty of room for W7 and most of my applications. Its epecially important for the ones that normally take a long time to load like Photoshop, Microsoft VB, Vegas, etc. If I am going to run games on it, I would use a symbolic link to the games I don't actively play. But to be honest, the load time in all the games I've played haven't been slow enough to cause me to need them on the SSD. I'm looking for stable storage, quick boot times, ultra-low seek time, and high-read speeds from my SSD.

Either way, I already have a second 64GB Kingston V-series (second gen) SSD I can use for it - though, I haven't decided if I'll use it on the laptop or the custom tower project as of yet. It seems a waste to put the SSD in a 3 year old laptop. Customizing for fun is a whole different story.

- Shane

wizzard1

Post by wizzard1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:03 pm

Alriht,I double checked, it's 1440x900 not WUXGA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-dv8000-17-1-WXGA ... 5640032cea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The processor I have is a TL-58, 1.9GHz TurionX2.

meleniumshane90

Post by meleniumshane90 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:41 am

Not even sure if that would work with my laptop. But to be completely upfront and honest with you, lets say this screen was a perfect match for my system - it would have to be incredibly cheap for me to consider buying it. I'm really looking for XT5000T / XT5300T for-parts systems, as it says above.

The nVidia Go 7 & 8 series had a high failure rate due to heat (and the fluctuation of heat) which caused cracking in the solder joints that connected the GPU to the motherboard. Mine had the same issue most of the Everex owners had, but I got mine replaced.

The for-parts systems are going for between $40 and $80 shipped - which is including a working screen, the body, "dead" motherboard, all the cables, heatsink assembly, and usually the CPU.

Not really interested in the TL-58.

I do appreciate you responding to the thread though. I actually have an XT5300T coming in on Wednesday - I'll post as I start working with the hardware.

Hopefuly you guys won't see a severed limb post or hear some crazy story on the news like "heatgun burns house down". :D