WTB/T for clear/crystal controller buttons & joystick

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

gamemasterful
WTB/T for clear/crystal controller buttons & joystick

Post by gamemasterful » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:41 pm

So I thought it'd be nice to have a nearly completely clear portable, the only parts not being clear would be the screen and main mobo. But a piece or two that I'm wanting clear just seems a tad overpriced or just plain hard to find.

Clear thumbstick/joystick/analog stick. Found two different sellers on ebay but one sells them in twos for $3, but with a white rubber cap that I don't want, the other sells them in pairs of two for $9
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And I just plain don't need two.

However I came across this overpriced(?) controller. If anyone has taken apart one of these for a portable DC and still has the clear thumbstick, it'd be awesome.

Also looking for a clear green and clear blue buttons. Like from an xbox. Except I don't want the button letter imprinted on the inside of the clear "shell" of the button (if it's JUST on the white inside of the button on the white part, that would be fine, as I could just take it out.)
They would be used for A and B of an N64.

Lastly would be clear trigger buttons, and I have absolutely no idea where to start for those. Astropad triggers for the DC are mainly clear but the buttons themselves are not, and I'm also wanting double Z buttons. Again in clear. Although if they were a smoke sort of clear, that might be cool. I'm doubtful there are any so worst case scenario, I can build a mold of some and cast my own.

I know the super pad plus aka mako pad has a clear joystick enclosure on the inside. While I do realize it is fairly thick, my Crystal 64P (gonna go ahead and call the name of it) isn't exactly trying to be thin. I don't need the whole controller, but if someone has used the controller for a portable and opted for a smaller one from an xbox,/ps1/2, or gamecube controller, it'd make me kinda happy to have it. Or I can happily trade you spare controllers that have the joystick parts.

In saying that:
I've got a few odds and ends to trade for, if a few bucks isn't your cup of tea (Won't beg for free stuff from these wonderful forum members!) Mostly controllers, components from boards, coke points I haven't entered in, case parts from N64s, and a few too many VMUs. If you're looking for something specific just ask.

Edit: Got an estimate from the second seller. For all of the controller pieces that I want (minus the superpad joystick) is $23 shipped. So one 360 joystick, a set of ps3 triggers, and two ps2 buttons, one blue one green. I think it sounds reasonable but still kinda past what I want to pay. Thoughts?