WTB/WTT a Game Gear TV Out MOD

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

kingpin901
WTB/WTT a Game Gear TV Out MOD

Post by kingpin901 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:08 am

Is anybody here able to create this mod on a Game Gear system: http://members.optusnet.com.au/eviltim/ggrgb/ggrgb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd be willing to pay this person if they can make it but with a standard RGB cable and not the computer one.
I'd want a screen mod if it's possible too.
I'd need someone to do a screen MOD on my nomad and a battery pack MOD.
Is someone able to do me all this for a single price?
Thanks

P.s. Hail is able to do the Nomad mods but not the Game Gear one. If you can do all three, make me a price please.
Last edited by kingpin901 on Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qc, Canadian Buyer :)
Buyer & Seller Feedback Received:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 10#p410310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gamer255

Re: Making a Game Gear TV Out MOD

Post by gamer255 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:16 am

Hail will do most of this if not all , Shoot him a PM.

kingpin901

Re: Making a Game Gear TV Out MOD

Post by kingpin901 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:55 am

gamer255 wrote:Hail will do most of this if not all , Shoot him a PM.
Thanks Pal:)
Edit: He's unable to do the Game Gear one. I'd also need someone to do Hail's Nomad Mods
Qc, Canadian Buyer :)
Buyer & Seller Feedback Received:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 10#p410310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wallydawg

Re: WTB/WTT a Game Gear TV Out MOD

Post by wallydawg » Mon May 03, 2010 3:49 pm

If Hail is too busy with other comissions I can do the Nomad Screen Mod. I have done about 10 of them in total and had one on display at Midwest Gaming Classic.

I have not done the battery mod before, nor do I have any of the parts to do it so I would be unable to do that. If you supplied all the parts needed (External Nomad Battery Pack, the replacement battery, a type M female power adapter jack, and the a type M male power adapter) I might consider doing this.

As for the Game Gear TV mod, it is currently not worth the effort to use as a screen replacement. I looked into it a little bit and so far all I've seen used is a PSOne screen (as you can get RGB from the PSOne screen) and even then it did not show up fullscreen. I don't think you can get RGB from ebay/dealextreme 2.5-3.5" TFT screens, or if it is even worth the effort.

Another option might be to try and reverse engineer (or something) with the Game Gear TV Tuner. They are pretty much worthless now since the Digital TV switchover and should be able to fit inside the Game Gear case once the old screen is removed. This is all theoretical as I do not have the TV Tuner yet but it is a something I'm going to look into more once I eventually get one.