The Official Ben Heck TGIMBOEJ Thread... Attempt #3 Sign Up!

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534
The Official Ben Heck TGIMBOEJ Thread... Attempt #3 Sign Up!

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 am

Right now, I'm looking for any interested Canadian and European members who are interested and will ship in a reasonable amount of time.

Q. What is it?

A. A Tgimboej is a USPS flat rate box full of electronic stuffs that you can not bring your self to throw away but also might not use in the near future. It is a way to share components, and other electronics stuff with friends and members of the community who you otherwise may not get a chance to interact with. It is also a great way to get cool components and other electronic stuffs that you might find useful where as the person who put it in the box had no use for. I mean I have a junk box full of electronic components both used and unused and all kinds of other goodies and I am sure others on here do to.

The official site.

US to US flat rate prices:
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB1) US to US $10.35 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB2) US to US $10.35 Size 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) US to US $13.95 Size 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"

I will be keeping up with the list and adding names to it every day. In the event I forget to add you then please send me a PM.

The rules.
Recipient Conditions for The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk:
  1. Take out and add as much electronics junk as you like (but keep it small enough to fit in a USPS flat-rate Priority Mail box or the equivalent for your postal system).
  2. Write up, photograph, document or otherwise publish in some way online at least one thing you took out (suggested flickr tag: TGIMBOEJ, see also: flickr group ). ****I (person who's text I used) Use my blog http://cjganttphotography.com/blog****
  3. There is a little book in the box. Add a checkmark by your name to show that the box has been to you. Also propose a future recipient by adding their name and e-mail address to the book.
  4. Within two weeks pass the box along to one of the people whose name is in the book. Before mailing it to them, send them the name list in a pm and make sure that they want to participate. Also remember to get their shipping addy.
  5. Make sure you can afford the $8-12 it takes to mail the box out. It sucks to get one of these started and then lose it because someone bit off more than they can chew.
  6. This is going to be limited to Ben Heck Members who have 100+ post and feedback in the trading post. (its not hard to get 100 post.) Not meaning to offend anyone but this will help deter dead beats who will get the box and disappear. Exceptions may be made to either of these rules on a case-by-case basis.
  7. Make sure to document the box and what you took and what you added. This only takes a few photos and a few minutes to do. Post the documents in either your own thread or in this one.
  8. To be fair to others lets ensure that the box makes it around the list before going to the same person twice.
  9. Any member who has been inactive for more than 3 weeks at the time of their turn and can not be contacted via PM will be skipped on the list.
  10. The recipient of the box is responsible for all shipping charges that occur for shipping the box to the next person.
  11. Small parts such as screws, leds, components, etc should be placed in a zip-lock bag.
  12. No highly flammable materials. No lighters / matches, or Weapons.
  13. AMENDMENT:After some discussion between the staff another forum) we would like to ask that you do not include knives or any type of weapon in the box. This includes razor blades, pocketknives and any chemical or device that could go BOOM. If there is anything in the current box we ask that who ever has it please remove those devices.
  14. AMENDMENT 2:If you have shown that you are not able to ship things like this in a reasonable amount of time, you are not allowed on this list for the time being.

More info on other Tgimboejs that are circulating around the world can be found here. http://tgimboej.org

Canada is also allowed, although it can be expensive.

Flat rate boxes can now be shipped to Canada.

Flat rate from US to Canada or other countries Prices:
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-1) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries $41.95 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-2) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries$41.95 Size13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (up to 20 pounds) Canada $32.95 Other Countries $53.95 Size12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"

There are discounts for getting the postage online, in addition to delivery confirmation for free.
Last edited by nevermind1534 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

nevermind1534

Re: The Official Ben Heck TGIMBOEJ Thread.... Attempt #3

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:35 am

Box Status: In brandonk318's possession

1. themadhacker
2. Michaelthurston
3. weaponepsilon
4. joeyjoe9876
5. qerkdtx
6. argelfraster
7. brandonk318
8. nevermind1534
9. kingpin901 (Canada)
10. Anybody else in Canada want in?
11. reserved for any other canadian members who are interested
12. D3MONOOB (United Kingdom/Europe) (has not met the requirements as of 3/21/10)
13. reserved for any other european members who may be interested
14. nightwheel
15. MrTroy
16. budnespid
17. Hifeno
18. chainfire95
Last edited by nevermind1534 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 18 times in total.

themadhacker

Re: The Official Ben Heck TGIMBOEJ Thread... Attempt #3 Sign Up!

Post by themadhacker » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:39 am

I'm in.

lets hope this time it doesn't keep getting stuck at one person's house.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Michaelthurston
Steam ID:MichaelThurston

Post by Michaelthurston » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:22 am

Count me in, after TMH, I can promise it will be shipped from me without problem
Completed Projects:
Un-named N64p
Abstract 64
Abstract 64 v.2
Rcube
Thursty64

No. More. Commissions.

Currently Owned(In Response to WeaponEpsilon):

21 Platforms; 38 Individual Consoles; 380 Singular games(0 Duplicates!)

D3MONOOB

Post by D3MONOOB » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:47 am

Michaelthurston wrote:Count me in, after TMH, I can promise it will be shipped from me without problem
same here i have a lot of junk that might be useful btw what happened to last box oh yh how much do i have to pay to send it on and is it ok that i live in jolly old england

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:57 pm

Sigh, ok. Count me in. Suggestion: Ban users who are known for taking FOREVER shipping or have previously lost/kept the last boxes. Caredo, Mikey G being prime suspects here.
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:04 pm

guess i'll join in this round :lol:
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:11 pm

I think we should raise the post count to 200.

just sayin.

that way people who join will have more credibility around the forums.

you can get 100 posts easily in a week.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

qerkdtx

Post by qerkdtx » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Id be in for this one, seeing as the last one never got to me.

kingpin901

Post by kingpin901 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Count me in!
Qc, Canadian Buyer :)
Buyer & Seller Feedback Received:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... 10#p410310" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Add me please! I just cleaned out my workshop and boy do I have some useless sh!t :lol:

brandonk318
PSN Username:brandonk318

Post by brandonk318 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Count me in as well. :D I got a bunch of stuff to get rid of.

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Everybody who has said something so far has been added to the list.
D3MONOOB wrote:
Michaelthurston wrote:Count me in, after TMH, I can promise it will be shipped from me without problem
same here i have a lot of junk that might be useful btw what happened to last box oh yh how much do i have to pay to send it on and is it ok that i live in jolly old england
I don't know; it depends on the weight. It will probably be 2-4 kg. You'll be allowed to have the box if we feel that we have a good chance of getting it back if it is sent to you.

mako321

Post by mako321 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:52 pm

I'll play!(I'm a canadian member who is interested)

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:53 pm

mako321 wrote:I'll play!(I'm a canadian member who is interested)
Cool! You're on the list. That makes two; any other interested Canadians?