FS : Sega Nomad Modding Service -- Screen and Battery

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

duo_r
Re: FS : Sega Nomad Modding Service -- Screen and Battery

Post by duo_r » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Does anyone know what screen is used from Deal Extreme? I am also interested in using RGB (not for the gain but I am working on another portable that doesn't have composite out but does have RGB).

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 pm

As far as I know none of the 3.5" have rugby. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 pm

I've only seen spec sheets from shady parts of Chinese websites that I can't remember where that had 3.5" screens with RGB output. Even then, it just said it had RGB output, whether it really did or not is an entirely different story.

Also about these mods, I'm currently out of screens at the moment and I've been having problems finding ones that are to my satisfaction; one time the boards were slightly too thick, the other it didn't even run on the Nomad (or N64 for that matter). I don't have money to burn on screens that have no use to me. I am back to looking for suitable screens though, as I plan to do live mods at MGC again. Once I find ones I am happy with I will make a new thread for this.

tysontomko

Post by tysontomko » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 am

Having recently scored a Sega Nomad, I looked for a while and stumbled upon this thread. Are your services still available?

Nikohali

Post by Nikohali » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:33 pm

Just came across this post. Are you still offering this mod service for replacing the sega nomad LCD? I am really interested in having this done to my nomad.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:38 am

I'm not offering the service anymore. Sorry.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

duo_r

Post by duo_r » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:14 am

Quick question on the battery mod- is it possible to play and charge at the same time? Also a screen i obtained drains battery about the same rate as stock screen. Any idea how to improve that?