[WANTED] PS3 Inside 360 Controllers (big job)

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

Jbbrack03
[WANTED] PS3 Inside 360 Controllers (big job)

Post by Jbbrack03 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:43 am

Here's the deal. I run a modding and repair business and I have a demand right now for the controller that benHeck designed. You've probably seen it, but basically it is the one where the PS3 controller parts are built into a Xbox 360 controller. I'm not that great at building this stuff from scratch, and I really don't have the time either. So I'd like to know how much you guys would charge to build them for me. This is something where we would be doing regular business. I would provide the parts, so your charge would be strictly for your modification services. Please provide the following info and let me know if you would be interested:

CHARGE PER UNIT FOR SERVICES:

palmertech

Re: [WANTED] PS3 Inside 360 Controllers (big job)

Post by palmertech » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 pm

I have built a few of these.

$100 per unit, plus shipping.

Excellent

Jbbrack03

Post by Jbbrack03 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Where are you located?

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:37 pm

He's located in california :lol: Look at his location.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:15 pm

Jbbrack03 wrote:Where are you located?
California, 90803.

Excellent

Jbbrack03

Post by Jbbrack03 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:04 pm

I've got a local guy that says that he'll do it for $40. Can you match that since I'm providing the hardware? $100 means that my cost is $160 and it kills my profit margin. We are talking about a lot of business, so if you're good at doing these quickly then you'll make a lot of cash. The PS3 backup loader is about to hit the scene (I've seen it working, and I know the people that will release it) and business is about to be huge. Let me know if you're interested... Also, how long does it usually take you to do one and how many could you do a week?

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:09 pm

Jbbrack03 wrote:I've got a local guy that says that he'll do it for $40. Can you match that since I'm providing the hardware? $100 means that my cost is $160 and it kills my profit margin. We are talking about a lot of business, so if you're good at doing these quickly then you'll make a lot of cash. The PS3 backup loader is about to hit the scene (I've seen it working, and I know the people that will release it) and business is about to be huge. Let me know if you're interested... Also, how long does it usually take you to do one and how many could you do a week?
have you seen this local guy's work? May not be up to par with something you'd sell commercially.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Has your local guy actually made any? ;)

I could probably do that if I was local, but to be honest, I am going through school right now. and it takes a decent chunk of change to dedicate myself. If this were a one-off thing, I could do it cheaper, but committing to making a solid stream of these is a lot. Unlike mass produced things, getting more custom mods usually costs more, not less.

Here is something to consider: Whenever one of use makes these, we have no problem at all selling them. In addition, we have almost no overhead. Now, if we could not find a market, it would be one thing. But like you said, $100 kills your profit margin. The question for us becomes "Why should I commit to making these things for less than I could sell them myself, just so somebody else can make a profit and pay their store's rent.

Not trying to be harsh, just a reality. I have made $120+materials (I payed shipping, though), and I usually get $100 materials, and I have the flexibility to make these whenever I want. Until I run out of buyers, I would really not go much cheaper. :lol:

That said, maybe someone else will work for less.

Excellent

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:48 am

Jbbrack03 wrote:I've got a local guy that says that he'll do it for $40.
No one here will be able to touch that, especially considering there wouldn't be a shipping cost. If you aren't making this local guy up, see what his work looks like. Otherwise, expect offers to be in the $80 to $100 range.

Shame we didn't know about this before MGC - we could've set up an assembly line (not in the john), knocked off 10 or 20 of the things, and split the profit.

aj23

Post by aj23 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:34 pm

$100 is actually pretty decent considering the amount of work that goes into these, and the amount that some people are willing to pay for them. I mean, it does take a lot of work, and $40 is like what people pay for a rapid fire mod, not something like this.

Jbbrack03

Post by Jbbrack03 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:56 pm

I guess I'm getting lucky then. The person that contacted me says that they have experience with this mod and that they'll do it for that price because of the number of them that I need. The guy is a computer board engineer that got laid off and can't find work. So I guess maybe he's just desperate. Thanks for all your input though!

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:18 pm

When I saw the thread title I was like facepalm, you can't put a PS3 in a 360 controller. Then I realized he wanted a controller conversion.

aj23

Post by aj23 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:23 pm

Wait so is that person going to be customizing the original xbox 360 case, to fit the new controller (moving RS LS, etc)? I mean, that's a pretty insane deal for $40 if they are.