A. A Tgimboej is a USPS flat rate box full of electronic stuffs that you can not bring your self to throw away but also might not use in the near future. It is a way to share components, and other electronics stuff with friends and members of the community who you otherwise may not get a chance to interact with. It is also a great way to get cool components and other electronic stuffs that you might find useful where as the person who put it in the box had no use for. I mean I have a junk box full of electronic components both used and unused and all kinds of other goodies and I am sure others on here do to.
The official site.
US to US flat rate prices:
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB1) US to US $10.35 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB2) US to US $10.35 Size 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (Domestic Addresses) US to US $13.95 Size 12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"
I will be keeping up with the list and adding names to it every day. In the event I forget to add you then please send me a PM.
Recipient Conditions for The Great Internet Migratory Box Of Electronics Junk:
- Take out and add as much electronics junk as you like (but keep it small enough to fit in a USPS flat-rate Priority Mail box or the equivalent for your postal system).
- Write up, photograph, document or otherwise publish in some way online at least one thing you took out (suggested flickr tag: TGIMBOEJ, see also: flickr group ). ****I Use my blog http://cjganttphotography.com/blog****
- There is a little book in the box. Add a checkmark by your name to show that the box has been to you. Also propose a future recipient by adding their name and e-mail address to the book.
- Within two weeks pass the box along to one of the people whose name is in the book. Before mailing it to them, send them the name list in a pm and make sure that they want to participate. Also remember to get their shipping addy.
- Make sure you can afford the $8-12 it takes to mail the box out. It sucks to get one of these started and then lose it because someone bit off more than they can chew.
- This is going to be limited to Ben Heck Members who have 100+ post and feedback in the trading post. (its not hard to get 100 post.) Not meaning to offend anyone but this will help deter dead beats who will get the box and disappear. Exceptions may be made to either of these rules on a case-by-case basis.
- Make sure to document the box and what you took and what you added. This only takes a few photos and a few minutes to do. Post the documents in either your own thread or in this one.
- To be fair to others lets ensure that the box makes it around the list before going to the same person twice.
- Any member who has been inactive for more than 3 weeks at the time of their turn and can not be contacted via PM will be skipped on the list.
- The recipient of the box is responsible for all shipping charges that occur for shipping the box to the next person.
- Small parts such as screws, leds, components, etc should be placed in a zip-lock bag.
- No highly flammable materials. No lighters / matches, or Weapons.
- AMENDMENT:After some discussion between the staff another forum) we would like to ask that you do not include knives or any type of weapon in the box. This includes razor blades, pocketknives and any chemical or device that could go BOOM. If there is anything in the current box we ask that who ever has it please remove those devices.
More info on other Tgimboejs that are circulating around the world can be found here. http://tgimboej.org
Canada is also allowed, although it can be expensive.
Flat rate boxes can now be shipped to Canada.
Flat rate from US to Canada or other countries Prices:
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-1) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries $41.95 Size 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Priority Mail Regular Flat-Rate Box (FRB-2) (up to 20 pounds) Canada $25.95 Other Countries$41.95 Size13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"
Priority Mail Large Flat-Rate Box (up to 20 pounds) Canada $32.95 Other Countries $53.95 Size12-1/4" x 12-1/4" x 6"
There are discounts for getting the postage online, in addition to delivery confirmation for free.