[FS] Portable Consoles For Sale

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:
palmertech wrote:Also, posting a link to a forum where people are selling credit card numbers? I guess we know which side of the internet you hang out on. :roll:
Earlier that day
"Its a scam the size of manhattan"

Come on, anyone else agree with me?
I am actually pretty sure this is legit. The effort required/cost/effort to make ratio is so favorable, that there is no reason to assume he is a scammer.

Excellent

Xteaph-N

Post by Xteaph-N » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:42 pm

palmertech wrote:I can see that as a business, this is probably legit.

But why would someone pay you $250+a Wii to plug it into a screen that is $60 on ebay, and plug it into a $40 battery pack? Even a normal person with no real electronics skills can do this. In fact, the local laptop battery shop here will make an external battery pack for laptops, and guess what? They have the wii power connectors! I can buy a professionally made, ENCLOSED, not falling into pieces battery pack that can run the wii for 2+ hours, and this screen+case, for only $170, then spend less than 5 minutes pushing the parts into the matching shapes to make it work. Why should people pay you $250 for that?

Your wii and PS1 portable, and to a lesser extent the PS3 "portable" are probably very fun for you to make. Another toy you may find interesting is one of these babies, will probably keep you occupied for hours:

It is pretty amazing, you start with a bunch of random parts, and you can use your awesome skillz[/i] to make it into one thing! Normally, these go for about $20, but I bet if you put them together for people, you could sell them for at least $40, saving them the immense amount of effort required to do it themselves. :lol:

Also, posting a link to a forum where people are selling credit card numbers? I guess we know which side of the internet you hang out on. :roll:

I agree with the point about the Wi, as a result I lowered it's pricei however:

Xteaph-N wrote:I've been calling it portable, because I thought you people would have enough common sense to assume it's a laptop. Is it not obvious by looking at it? Also look at what I put:

Xteaph-N wrote: PS3 Laptop: 599 USD

You people act as if I am trying to prove something, when I am not. I'm just selling stuff. Stop acting like silly kids.

Turknatr12
360 GamerTag:turknatr
Location:Richland Center, Wisconsin, USA, North America, Earth

Post by Turknatr12 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:43 pm

Xteaph-N wrote:

BTW who care if I bought my screens you buy psone screen's and mod those. There are enough tutorials to the point where you don't need much knowledge to make things run off the screen. This is why it pisses me off so much when your beloved Ben buy's his screen's with video in. But when a new guy wants to do all this stuff to I'm forced to carry a cross.

Most have Video In/VGA.
OK from what I can tell by those pictures, you haven't modded the screen at all, you crazy glued it to a ps3, my little nephew can glue stuff, and ben is (insert number of "HAHAHAs" in this topic) times better than you, and The only cross you're carrying is that car battery...
"Look at you, flying through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp."
http://www.youtube.com/user/RMSJaggers?feature=guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xteaph-N

Post by Xteaph-N » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Turknatr12 wrote:
Xteaph-N wrote:

BTW who care if I bought my screens you buy psone screen's and mod those. There are enough tutorials to the point where you don't need much knowledge to make things run off the screen. This is why it pisses me off so much when your beloved Ben buy's his screen's with video in. But when a new guy wants to do all this stuff to I'm forced to carry a cross.

Most have Video In/VGA.
OK from what I can tell by those pictures, you haven't modded the screen at all, you crazy glued it to a ps3, my little nephew can glue stuff, and ben is (insert number of "HAHAHAs" in this topic) times better than you, and The only cross you're carrying is that car battery...

It seems as though your not looking at the cite I provided.

Video in through the white phono port:

http://www.aeicomp.com/Detail.asp?Produ ... 210_LCD25L

Please stop acting stupid.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Look, look: We know that we use screens with video in, we ALL do. We never wire up our own analog to digital converters. What we are saying is, you did not even take the screen out of the case, or make any case mods. Plus, there is an official adapter that allows the PSone/Zenith LCD to work on a PS3.

We are not saying your screens are bad because they take video in, it is because you... Well, glued a screen to a PS3. Check this out:
If you are not going to make your screen look nice, at least buy a nice clip-on screen.

People would actually BUY that.

Excellent

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Xteaph-N wrote:
schmellyfart wrote: modded to run on batteries?? You just plugged a battery pack in! The ps1 doesn't need to be modded!

I would hardly consider these true portables, all you did was plug in a screen batteries and a controller. Almost no modding whatsoever.
:roll:
Nobody said anything about a mod.
You did. It was in the link that you posted. http://38.119.187.37/hh/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=91

Xteaph-N

Post by Xteaph-N » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:07 pm

palmertech wrote:Look, look: We know that we use screens with video in, we ALL do. We never wire up our own analog to digital converters. What we are saying is, you did not even take the screen out of the case, or make any case mods. Plus, there is an official adapter that allows the PSone/Zenith LCD to work on a PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JGF6O_8 ... annel_page

It's not called "PS3 Laptop Redux [W.I.P.]" for no reason. This is more of proof of concept.

I made it a proof of concept to show that I can make a ps3 and screen run on batteries, because as far as my research shows this hasn't been done as of yet. I was trying to prove I was legit and could do what I said I could.

Turknatr12

Post by Turknatr12 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:12 pm

yeah, but you made it run off of a 120v car battery, anyone can do that
"Look at you, flying through the air majestically, like an eagle piloting a blimp."
http://www.youtube.com/user/RMSJaggers?feature=guide" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xteaph-N

Post by Xteaph-N » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Turknatr12 wrote:yeah, but you made it run off of a 120v car battery, anyone can do that
Please post pics of yours. If you can't shut up.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Um... Why would he show pics of something that takes no effort. Though if you encased one of these in a solid block of hotglue then maybe I would buy one. At least it would require some real effort!

We're not saying you are lying... (or at least I'm not) You may have powered a ps3 on a car battery. What we're saying is make a product that looks good and is usable before you sell them.

GoldenfrankO
PSN Username:FullFreak
360 GamerTag:GoldenfrankO

Post by GoldenfrankO » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:39 pm

Can I see a pic of the N64?

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:40 pm

I took my old Dell tower and hooked it up to a golf cart battery.
You know what I call it?

Wow, this is so good, wait until you read this.....

It's called..... A LAPTOP! :lol:

No offense, but you can take your business elsewhere.
What you have is an obvious scam for all of us, regardless of your potential.

Now, I have some advice: You have the drive to do something really good with that PS3 of yours. See what you can do about opening it up and slapping a 17"-er on there. That would sell for A LOT. Like, A LOT, a lot. More than $1000. I bet you can do it, see what you can come up with.
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

Turknatr12

Post by Turknatr12 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:00 pm

You want me to power a 120v device off of a 120v car battery????

hahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahaahahaha!!!!

Why should I waste my time... This is WEAK MODDING vvvvvvv

When you can show me something half as good I will power something off of a car battery.

p.s None of us are saying that you are lying, I believe that you can hook up jumper cables....

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:06 pm

hey guys, I made a serious haxx mod. I plugged full-wave rectifier into my SNES which turned AC electricity into DC. but wait, there's more. I wired that to a power inverter that turns DC into AC. Oh yes, there's more, I wired THAT to a car battery via cigarette lighter.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:14 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:
palmertech wrote:Also, posting a link to a forum where people are selling credit card numbers? I guess we know which side of the internet you hang out on. :roll:
Earlier that day
"Its a scam the size of manhattan"

Come on, anyone else agree with me?
Uh-oh.... I visited that site.... Am I in trouble now?