SOLD! Please Delete.

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Don't get me wrong. I've always loved a good low price AMD. But Intel holds a clear advantage in value performance and overclockability with all of it's Core2 offerings. I know because I have a pentium dual core E2160 (1.8ghz stock) running at 3.2ghz with stock voltage and Intel's crappy aluminum stock hsf and it runs like a beast. The same goes for my celeron 430 (1.6ghz) which I have running at 2.4ghz on the even crappier half height Intel stock hsf, and my celly still kicks the crap out of my friend's athlon 64 x2 4000 rig.

edit: my celly cost me $35 and my e2160 cost me $65

edit 2: BTW I don't think your price is unreasonable. You're offering a good deal of power for non gaming use, and you've got a psu in there that's perfectly capable of running any gpu on the market, so it could easily be turned into a gaming rig if your buyer so pleases.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:50 pm

Jongamer wrote:Yeah too bad you can't OC Intel Processors as well as you can AMD.

Intel=More Expensive, very limited in the OCing department
AMD=Cheaper, and broad OCing options, only limited by how cool you can keep it and how stable it runs.

Anyone who thinks AMDs are trash, should have no right to even touch a computer.

Yeah sure people have their own opinions, but blindly bashing AMD without reason isn't acceptable.

Though it is a nice computer, I personally would build my own. (which I currently am doing)
Sorry ,but my Core 2 Duo can do 4.5ghz just fine with the standard heatsink it came with. Check newegg for the E8400 and verify the user reviews.

AMD friend is interested. I'll post more soon.

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:19 pm

That's great news Bibin! And to everyone: lets not turn this into a flame war over AMD and Intel.

Regards,
Bay_wolf.

Bay_Wolf

Post by Bay_Wolf » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:25 pm

SOLD! Please Delete.

Regards,
Bay_wolf.