WTB: Dreamcast VGA Cable/Box

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
WTB: Dreamcast VGA Cable/Box

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat May 31, 2008 11:16 am

Hey guys. I desperatly need a Dreamcast VGA Cable/Dreamcast VGA Box.

Its for my new portable. Doesnt matter if its third or first party.

Just one thing, the seller needs to accept Money Order, and be willing to ship to Ontario, Canada.

(I've checked ebay, but not many of the sellers accept money order, and I dont really like ebay. I've found some websites on the net that sell it, but I'm awaiting a reply from them, as I asked them if they ship to Canada.)

Thanks guys.

DK

Post by DK » Sat May 31, 2008 11:56 am

Why not just build one, it isn't too hard and would be smaller so more portable.

Zereo_XI

Post by Zereo_XI » Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 pm

HotDog-Cart- This site allows Money Order: http://www.racketboy.com/store/dreamcas ... le-box.htm Just click on Other Payment Option and its says to contact him for Money Orders.

DK- Do you know of any guide to make one...

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat May 31, 2008 1:26 pm

Yea, I seen his website but its sort of outdated. It says there out-of-stock and should be back in stock on JANUARY 2008. Also, his site has a lot of broken links, somewhat fishy.

Heck, now it gives me a 404 when I visit his website. I'll drop him an email.

:S

Grandmasterjimmy
PSN Username:PeglegJimmy

Post by Grandmasterjimmy » Sat May 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Ya, get one from Racketboy, thats were I got mine. If you don't trust his site, you can get them off ebay from him too. He's a nice guy, my vga cable wouldn't work with my VGA screen, and he even offered to let me trade it incase it was broken. (My monitor just didn't support 640*480 is why it didn't work)

I suggest building one, they arn't hard to build, plus homemade ones are smaller. They can even fit in the Dreamcast's shell.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat May 31, 2008 1:41 pm

Hmm, I hope my LCD monitor (17 inch, non widescreen) that was bought 2ish years ago, will work.

(If it doesnt, is there anyway to decrease the monitors requirements to 640x480 or is there anyway to increase the resolution given by VGA cable so it meets the requirements of the lcd?)

Racketboys website is down, so can someone link me to his ebay? Thanks.

Grandmasterjimmy

Post by Grandmasterjimmy » Sat May 31, 2008 1:53 pm

Theres no way I know of to make your screen support the resolution if it doesn't. The lowest mine supports is 800*600 and its about 2 years old.

and the max output the Dreamcast can do if it's on VGA is like 740* something, but not all games do it. On my Grandmas HDTV on vga mode it tells you the current aspect ratio, and on all my games but like 2 its on 640*480.

racketboy

Post by racketboy » Sat May 31, 2008 1:58 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Yea, I seen his website but its sort of outdated. It says there out-of-stock and should be back in stock on JANUARY 2008. Also, his site has a lot of broken links, somewhat fishy.

Heck, now it gives me a 404 when I visit his website. I'll drop him an email.

:S
Yeah, my hosting service had some serious issues today. Hopefully things will be back up shortly.

I've been selling them for a few years now and am always trying to keep everyone happy :)

BTW, what "January 2000" stuff are you seeing? That might be due to the server issues (long story, but my host accidentally set my account back to the server I was on back in January)

eBay stuff is here, but you'll pay a bit more for the eBay listings due to fees and all:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZracketboyretro

Grandmasterjimmy

Post by Grandmasterjimmy » Sat May 31, 2008 2:00 pm

Ok racketboy.. Do you jsut sit on google, and type your name in or something :P ? Anytime I see your name mentioned on a forum your there within 10 minutes :P

Also, You should use a vga box, they are only a few dollars more. Then you could have a S-Video and RCA jacks on the back for outputing to the TV.

racketboy

Post by racketboy » Sat May 31, 2008 2:05 pm

Grandmasterjimmy wrote:Ok racketboy.. Do you jsut sit on google, and type your name in or something :P ? Anytime I see your name mentioned on a forum your there within 10 minutes :P

Also, You should use a vga box, they are only a few dollars more. Then you could have a S-Video and RCA jacks on the back for outputing to the TV.
lol -- gotta love StatCounter and the referral links :)
With the site down, I'm finding myself bored

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat May 31, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks racket. I also added you on msn, hope to talk to ya sometime if you use msn messenger.

Grandmasterjimmy

Post by Grandmasterjimmy » Sat May 31, 2008 2:07 pm

I think your sites back up now, I'm on it right now. Forums and main site seem to be working fine. And the VGA box "out of stock till january" thing is gone.

racketboy

Post by racketboy » Sat May 31, 2008 2:08 pm

Grandmasterjimmy wrote:I think your sites back up now, I'm on it right now. Forums and main site seem to be working fine. And the VGA box "out of stock till january" thing is gone.
It's not up for me yet -- the DNS still has to get updated around the rest of the globe :(

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Sat May 31, 2008 2:09 pm

Racket, you should totally stick around here. You may find a few cool things.

racketboy

Post by racketboy » Sat May 31, 2008 2:14 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Racket, you should totally stick around here. You may find a few cool things.
I've lurked for a while -- I actually interviewed Ben a while ago:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/01/ ... acker.html