WTB: Snes with controller shipped to Europe (max $40)

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

sammy
WTB: Snes with controller shipped to Europe (max $40)

Post by sammy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:12 pm

Hi, I'm looking for someone to sell me a Snes. Off course I have one myself but it's PAL, so it sucks (meaning it can't play cool games like Chrono Trigger). I'd like an NTSC one with at least one controller and preferably all cords. The killer fact here is the shipping. A console is big so it costs a lot to mail, especially to Europe. I'm willing to pay a maximum of $40 for a good looking (that means not yellow or any other color different from grey) /non-opened/grinded/melted/... normal snes with a controller (same condition rules apply). If it were to be a mini snes I'd pay more. If it were to be a boxed snes I'd pay more too. I don't need any games unless they are really rare.

AND: don't send me a link with an Ebay auction :roll: cause I know it exists...

I have tried looking for a decent NTSC/PAL converter but no one can guarantee me that it can play Mario RPG (cause that's the game I bought ( 40$ complete :P ) and I can't play it now) so I don't want them.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:24 pm

You could always just sell SMRPG and buy Chrono Trigger!

I've got a few SNES-es/controllers, but the only one I'd sell doesn't meet your qualifications (It's got yellowing, I got it at a garage sale). My others are all hacked/portablized, and the only one that's in REALLY good condition (like new) is my first SNES, not to mention my first gaming console. Sorry.

CTFan

sammy

Post by sammy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:28 pm

Selling Mario RPG is not an option 8)
Thanks anyway for your respond. I've always wondered though: howecome some consoles turn yellow? I know some plastic decolors because of infrared light but I dunno if it's the reason why a snes changes color...

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:31 pm

Well, some people say it's from UV rays, although I don't know the methodology behind that. A console can also yellow if it's from a smoking household, of course.

CTFan

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:14 pm

Only the second version of the SNES yellowed. The first, third, and mini were fine. It was the kind of plastic used.

Why not just get one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SNES-PAL-NTSC-Con ... dZViewItem

sammy

Post by sammy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:16 pm

Kurt wrote:Only the second version of the SNES yellowed. The first, third, and mini were fine. It was the kind of plastic used.

Why not just get one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SNES-PAL-NTSC-Con ... dZViewItem
Because they will probably not work with Super Mario RPG... I can't buy something of which I am not 100% sure it will work.