WTB: Gamebit (Inverted Hex Nintendo Security screw thingy)

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan
WTB: Gamebit (Inverted Hex Nintendo Security screw thingy)

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue May 30, 2006 1:00 pm

In short, I need a 3.88mm bit inverted hex nintendo security screw; it's the kind you use to open SNES games. Name 'yer price, I'd prefer a fast shipping and payable to PayPal, b/c I'm going out of town and my dead copy of Terranigma and A Link to the Past are very sad because they are unplayable :cry: .

CTFan

sammy

Post by sammy » Tue May 30, 2006 1:40 pm

You can buy the gamebit for like 9$ or something on ebay. I've never opened up a Nintendo cart before. Are you sure you can just replace the battery in there? It would be a shame if you ruined a game like Terranigma :)
EDIT: I just read the thread in the snes forum. So you can. Still be careful...
Last edited by sammy on Tue May 30, 2006 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue May 30, 2006 1:43 pm

Ya, the battery is replaceable; check out the thread in the 16-Bit forum for the details. I really hate ebay (slow shipping, high prices), but it may be my only option :cry: .

CTFan

sammy

Post by sammy » Tue May 30, 2006 1:52 pm

Have you looked in a hardware store? They might sell something like a gamebit because other brands use the same screws. My water boiler uses them and my rechargable battery packs from Tyco too. I don't, howerver recommend the 'burn a pen' technique because
A: it does not work (I tried with at least 5 types of pen)
B: you will get marks on your cart
C: that burned plastic fume is really bad