GAME GEAR parts/systems WANTED!!

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Mon May 29, 2006 4:49 am

ahhhh oke nope sorry it seems i don't have what you want.

good luck with finding one

segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan » Tue May 30, 2006 4:43 am

for those that don't want to open up their game gears I found an easier way to check....

just see if it says "produced by or under license" upon startup or not. The 2-chip GGs don't have that screen.

-Segasonicfan

scherzo

Post by scherzo » Wed May 31, 2006 7:07 am

I have 4 non-worling Game Gears. I tried opening them up this morning to see if they have the chips you need, but I had problems. I was able to get the hex security screw behind the cart slot off but not the phillips screws. They are really, really tight and I stripped my screwdriver a little trying to get them off. I'll give it another try tonight.

How does $6 for each sound? (for each that has your chips)

segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan » Wed May 31, 2006 4:07 pm

I have 4 non-worling Game Gears. I tried opening them up this morning to see if they have the chips you need, but I had problems. I was able to get the hex security screw behind the cart slot off but not the phillips screws. They are really, really tight and I stripped my screwdriver a little trying to get them off. I'll give it another try tonight.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble opening them...sounds like you need a smaller, better screwdriver ;) BTW, you can also check by seeing if the "produced and licensed" screen shows up whenever you start a game. I believe the 2 chip ones never show this...
How does $6 for each sound? (for each that has your chips)
Sounds good to me, let me know what you find ;)

-Segasonicfan