Xbox 360 Laptop for sale . . . on ebay

Looking for a special part, or have extra stuff you don't need? Trade, sell and buy it here. (Note: Transactions are not monitored by benheck.com)

Moderator:Moderators

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534
Re: Xbox 360 Laptop for sale . . . on ebay

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:43 pm

I pay the extra $10 when I sell NESes with warranties to get them put at the top of the page.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

aj23

Post by aj23 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:20 pm

nevermind1534 wrote:I pay the extra $10 when I sell NESes with warranties to get them put at the top of the page.
That would of been the better choice for Wompa, but he still should get a decent sum of money, enough to fund another project atleast if he wants to do a second unit. I'm still watching this though.

Good Luck, 17 hours to go!

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:21 pm

It will go up when it gets closer to the end. I am a little surprised, though, that it hasn't gone up more already.

WompaStompa11
PSN Username:WompaStompa11

Post by WompaStompa11 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:30 am

10% off for all Benheck users!
Image Laziness is a serious disease... My Ebay Reference . . . My video game collection

aj23

Post by aj23 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Can't believe it might end at $500....only 23 minutes left and no one has bid from when I checked 17 hours ago.

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Wow, I can't believe it went so cheap. I would have bought it, but I don't have enough money right now.

aj23

Post by aj23 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Yea I watched it finish, and I was thinking of getting it as well, but I've been spending wayy to much on modding lately. Plus my own lappy is in the works, but I could of used this one as a reference.

Ben's ps3 laptop went for over 25k on ebay didn't it? But then maybe he got a lot more publicity with tech sites, still I would expect atleast around $1000 more than this.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:46 pm

No offense, but I'm not surprised it didn't go very high. The only people who would bid would be those prepared to fix/improve it.

It's not complete if you can't close the lid, even if you include an Atari cart to prevent screen damage (!). And "louder than a stock 360?" The original sounds like an aircraft carrier already. The power supply is being held together with electrical tape and has other wires wrapped around it.

The warranty is certainly no longer applicable, so Microsoft wouldn't fix it, and I very much doubt any other repair facility would touch it either. Any fixing would have to be handled by the buyer. There's no indication of what xbox 360 it is (Xenon, Jasper, Falcon, Zepher); for all the buyer knows, it might be a refurbed original.

It is a shame that you spent more assembling it than it went for, but you set the opening bid. If $500 was unacceptably low figure, you shouldn't have allowed it to start that low.

I wouldn't be making any criticisms at all if you were keeping the thing, as at this point, I can't make a 360 laptop, but when you put it on the market, it will inevitably be held up to the harsh light of a higher standard. Sorry it didn't work out better for you.

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:59 pm

eagle5953 wrote:If $500 was unacceptably low figure, you shouldn't have allowed it to start that low.
Or at least set a reseve.

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:00 pm

Yeah, should have been a reserve.

Sucks it went that cheap, but these guys have good points. :(

Excellent

WompaStompa11
PSN Username:WompaStompa11

Post by WompaStompa11 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:03 pm

eagle5953 wrote:No offense, but I'm not surprised it didn't go very high. The only people who would bid would be those prepared to fix/improve it.

It's not complete if you can't close the lid, even if you include an Atari cart to prevent screen damage (!). And "louder than a stock 360?" The original sounds like an aircraft carrier already. The power supply is being held together with electrical tape and has other wires wrapped around it.

The warranty is certainly no longer applicable, so Microsoft wouldn't fix it, and I very much doubt any other repair facility would touch it either. Any fixing would have to be handled by the buyer. There's no indication of what xbox 360 it is (Xenon, Jasper, Falcon, Zepher); for all the buyer knows, it might be a refurbed original.

It is a shame that you spent more assembling it than it went for, but you set the opening bid. If $500 was unacceptably low figure, you shouldn't have allowed it to start that low.

I wouldn't be making any criticisms at all if you were keeping the thing, as at this point, I can't make a 360 laptop, but when you put it on the market, it will inevitably be held up to the harsh light of a higher standard. Sorry it didn't work out better for you.
I completely agree with you except for the power supply being held together with electrical tape (I sure hope it didn't look like electrical tape to other people). As for the wires, I had a 'cable organizer' wrapped around them, but it became somewhat of a nuisance, so I removed it. I listed the laptop knowing that my 'buyer pool' would be very limited. I am completely satisfied with $500. I look down on reserves, but I would have definitely used a higher starting price if I wanted (or expected to get) more money. I made this laptop for the learning experience, not to make money. Once I realized that I don't actually use it enough, I decided that if someone would pay $500 or more for it, then I'd rather have the cash.

In conclusion, I am proud that I was able to finally make a completely working Xbox 360 laptop (which few have done). I can now take this knowledge and apply it to any new projects that I start; which have the potential to be of much higher quality, and have a larger appeal to the casual buyer. Thanks everybody for all the help and constructive criticism that I have received throughout the duration of my project.
Image Laziness is a serious disease... My Ebay Reference . . . My video game collection

BoomBox-Creations

Post by BoomBox-Creations » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:01 am

I would have bidded more for it, but i didnt see it until just then, and it was already over =(

but still, $500 isnt a too badder price for it, although, it could have been better, at least 1000 for it...

and bens PS3 sold for 25k because nobody knows how to make one and no noe even wants to risk a $600 item on a first modding experience... plus, if others have built one ( i havent seen any others, so please correct me ) they probably are a lot more fragile...

So buying something from world renown modder, you get more....

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:11 pm

WompaStompa11 wrote:I completely agree with you except for the power supply being held together with electrical tape (I sure hope it didn't look like electrical tape to other people). As for the wires, I had a 'cable organizer' wrapped around them, but it became somewhat of a nuisance, so I removed it.
I'm sorry - I thought it was tape. The organizer would be a hassle.
WompaStompa11 wrote:I listed the laptop knowing that my 'buyer pool' would be very limited. I am completely satisfied with $500. I look down on reserves, but I would have definitely used a higher starting price if I wanted (or expected to get) more money. I made this laptop for the learning experience, not to make money. Once I realized that I don't actually use it enough, I decided that if someone would pay $500 or more for it, then I'd rather have the cash.
I didn't realize that you made it for yourself initially - that changes things. You have a very good attitude about it.
WompaStompa11 wrote:In conclusion, I am proud that I was able to finally make a completely working Xbox 360 laptop (which few have done). I can now take this knowledge and apply it to any new projects that I start; which have the potential to be of much higher quality, and have a larger appeal to the casual buyer. Thanks everybody for all the help and constructive criticism that I have received throughout the duration of my project.
That's all true. Good luck with future portables.

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:41 pm

Man you should have sold it somewhere else or asked kotaku to put a small article up for you. You deserve better.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."