Pg. 129 Table of Parts for Nes?

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Pg. 129 Table of Parts for Nes?

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:22 pm

Hey fellas, I got a question for who ever knows the answer. When I went into Radio Shack to get the parts I need to build my Nesp. The General Purpose Component PC board looked like it was just a sheet of conductive metal. It was similar to the grid style pc board....but the grid style has holes of course, and the general purpose pc board does not. There was no part number on the package for the G.P.C.P.C.B at radio shack, so did the guy most likely show me the wrong part. He said it was the right part, but that I needed to drill the holes in it. It only said on the package PC board. And also in the book it says that linear regulator cuts off once the voltage going to it drops less than five volts. Does that mean the whole unit will cut off? or just the regulator? Thanx guys
A true friend will stab you in the front

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Error with radio shack

Post by Arnold Schwarzenegger » Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:41 pm

Come to find out the employee brought the wrong General Component P.C Board to me, after having that happen again on the second visit with another employee, the third employee I asked finally found it in the back storage room. But whew..I now have all the parts I need except the screen..so back to work for now. Sorry for making the Thread.....but I really was having some problems getting the right part, and the last thing I wanted to do was take any chances when it comes to that. But I still don't know from anyone, if a linear regulator drops out.....will that affect the remaining power running to my uinit when I am done with it.
A true friend will stab you in the front

fatman
Steam ID:carlylebrooks

Post by fatman » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:46 am

when the regulator "drops out" it just stops regulating power. you'll still get power to everything, it just wont be regulated.