Page 71, Figure 4-7

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

DR. Luigi M.D.
Page 71, Figure 4-7

Post by DR. Luigi M.D. » Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:21 am

For openers, I already did a search using the keywords page and 71, no results were returned. So, please don't bast me for <mumble<mumble "damned newbie" grumble>grumble>. Thanks in advance.

Page 70, last sentence says "Desolder every highlighted lead, remove the parts that were on those leads, and set them aside." Figure 4-7, on page 71 says: "The front of the lower board, and what you should desolder."

I got a migraine from staring at that picture for about 15 minutes trying to figure out what is supposed to be highlighted OR what should be desoldered. Any ideas, or am I just interpreting the wording wrong?

BTW: I'm reading the entire book first, then I will make decisions when I'm finished. Therefore, I have no actual parts in front of me, only pictures.

sniper_spike

Post by sniper_spike » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:37 pm

When I was reading it i had no idea what i was supposed to desolder either. But on the next page there is anther picture with highlighted leads. If you look closely on the 2nd picture you can spot the highlights easier, they're a darkish grey. After you see them on the 2nd picture flip back to the first, and have another look, you should be able to spot them after another 15 minutes :P. They should really make the highlights stand ot more than they do.

Imho, after reading that chapter, I think that, that screen that was being pcitured takes too much modding to get going, I would go with the PSOne screen instead.
Dr. Gregory House wrote:Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:17 pm

AFAIK all those "highlighted" pictures are like that.

poopiesman

Post by poopiesman » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:15 pm

http://benheck.com/book/support/Figure_4-7_FIXED.jpg

link to the better highlighted leads on ol' bens book site :wink:
member #064