Question about CNC kits... and book

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

|TA|SolidSnake
Question about CNC kits... and book

Post by |TA|SolidSnake » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:45 pm

hey so i just had a few questions about the kits and book. First off im stoked, im going to the book store when i get out of my class, cant wait. Ok so i was wondering would it be easy to make a case or am i better off just buying the case from the site. what can you make cases out of? and also how hard would you say it is to build one of these suckers, im going to build a ps1 for my first. how good is the book on helping you with your projects?

Thanks for any info, and i will keep you all updated with my build :D

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:27 pm

the book's very good. please smallify the sig
ImageImage

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:42 pm

Love the Solid Snake, and I would RECOMMEND, the Ben case. Polished, and it improves loyalty by 20% :wink:
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:07 pm

Plus, the CNC PSonep is one of the best ones from the book, on the contrary, the hand-built one (even if you buy the plates precut for) is extremely difficult and fairly ugly, despite other things. I'd say buy the CNC kit if you're ok at soldering.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:31 pm

If you're just interested in building the thing, the book tells you everything you need to know. If you want to learn how everything works and how to go crazy with it all on your own, stick around here.

Edit: You can make a case out of just about anything. I think I've just about seen it all in this forum. Take a look around and you'll get some good ideas.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

|TA|SolidSnake

Post by |TA|SolidSnake » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 pm

well thanks guys for all the info i will be sticking around this place for all my info and i am going to get my book as soon as i get out of work at 4:00(1hr 45min to go :D ) btw what would you guys say the best project would be for a first time?