Gamecube DVD laser

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Blargaman91
Gamecube DVD laser

Post by Blargaman91 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 pm

I've been slowly turning my Gamecube into a portable for the past few months, and after 3 tries (it's my first portable) I managed to wire the daughterboard correctly, or at least I think I did. My Gamecube no longer gives me an error message after a few seconds being on, but the DVD drive itself doesn't work! The laser will move when the 'lid' is closed, but it won't actually come on. From what I recall, the laser emits visible light, and there's no light coming from it. And the cube tells me there's no disc. I had this problem with another disc drive I had, and I thought it was the laser, but now I'm quite certain it's got to do the with the board. If anyone knows about this problem, please share some advice about troubleshooting to find the cause, or better just a fix. Thanks for any replies.

Edit: Mods, please remove this thread if you would. I realized the incredibly stupid mistake I made. Thanks you.