ps1 and ps2 screen

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

MilkMonster
ps1 and ps2 screen

Post by MilkMonster » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:16 pm

are ps2 screens the same as ps1 screens, I hope they are because I already have one and dont feel like shoving out my hard stolen cash to buy a ps1 screen.

S q u e e !

Post by S q u e e ! » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:17 pm

No, one is for the PSone, and the other is for the PS2. :P

Smart assery aside, all you have to do is get pinouts, they are close to the same, but it just depends on what company made it.
"I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup."

~Eddie Izzard

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:23 pm

The official sony ones have PLENTIFUL pinouts.
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

daguuy
Portablizer

Re: ps1 and ps2 screen

Post by daguuy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:52 pm

MilkMonster wrote:are ps2 screens the same as ps1 screens, I hope they are because I already have one and dont feel like shoving out my hard stolen cash to buy a ps1 screen.
depend what kind. if they have a circle with a 5" screen in it and 2 brightness buttons under the screen in the circle to the left and 2 to the righ it's the same. verge screens are the same; i have a PS2 verge screen, same as psone screen
ImageImage

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:42 pm

If you just want to use the screen as a screen, not in a portable, there is no reason not to. What you need to find is a PSone (male) to a PS2 (female) adapter cable. If you can't find one, you can always make one. That will connect your PSone to your screen. If the screen has auxillary inputs, that makes it much easier. Get a cable that will give you the 3 plug inputs for your screen (either RCA plugs or RCA jacks). Get 3 female-female RCA plug adapters (also known as cable extenders) and use your normal AV cable with the setup.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:53 pm

The Sony plug should have the same pinouts, but the size and shape are way off, not to mention possiblility of different quality (the PSOne screens are hard to beat! :) )
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.