Plastic cutting issues...

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Tokeydog
Plastic cutting issues...

Post by Tokeydog » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:35 am

Alright currently I'm on my second attempt at cutting the front screen plate for the PS1 by hand mod. The first one went great till it was time to pop out the actual cut out for the screen. I was able to get the circular shape of the whole thing popped out with no problems (well maybe a bloody thumb) but when it came time to pop out the screen cut out it snapped the whole piece.

I'm not sure where I went wrong. I made sure the cuts were very deep. I went through probably 8 times with an exacto knife.

So I'm trying again. I have already cut out and popped out the whole piece and I'm currently working on making the cuts for the screen as deep as possible.

Here is a question though. Has anyone tried using a dremmel tool for cutting? I was going to use one to smooth and buff the edges of the cutout pieces, but I'm thinking with a cutting blade put on I might have better luck with the dremmel. Problem is that thing can do more than I want sometimes.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:58 am

Just keep cutting and cutting and cutting I did about 16 cuts on mine heres an idea though try popping out the screen first then the circle.
If that doesn't work then try the dremel.

Tokeydog

Post by Tokeydog » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:15 pm

That was my original thought. I think I will just keep on cutting.

Tokeydog

Post by Tokeydog » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:54 pm

I got the screen cut out done. Thanks for the advice Metroid Fan.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:00 pm

No prob.