Hacking Video Game Consoles 2

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:38 am

So I take it we have have to wait til Hacking Video Game Console III to have the Flashback 2.0 and the C64 DTV.

As for the vacumm forming; No ones perfect. If people that buy the book want to make their own table and mold good for them. Otherwise it will be great business for Trition, Gannon, and any other members that have form tables.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:30 pm

Or we could just design and release them here on the site. I'm not so sure about the DTV, the disk drive for those things was so huge…

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:01 pm

Jim Brain needs to finish his CF adapter, then I'm positive DTV portables will take off.

striderx

Post by striderx » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:53 am

hahahahaha

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:07 pm

I forgot about the interview I did with him for school a few months back, lemme fish out his quote regarding a HVC Part 2...
Jeff: Do you plan to make a sequel to the book that describles the other
portables (PS2 and N64 come to mind).
Ben: If the first book does well enough and I get an offer I probably would. This would be a ways off of course.
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:45 am

Yes if Ben were given an offer to make the sequal. But think of this, how much faster would it be to have others (people that build portables as well) to make the next book. We have a set up, and many of us on the board have experiance or knowlege on these.

I'm not trashing Ben or anything but the only real thing that made his N64p stand out over others is that it was thinner. And a wonderful job too. But back to my point most members could do this if we cobbiled it together and submitted a copy to Extreme Tech.

Now I'm not saying this because I'll be on the whole crew of the book (have to make a portable first), I'd like to say that the fact a bunch of people who for the most are under 18 build and wrote a book about these things would really draw some attention (good and bad) to our little nitch community.

Thats it.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:58 am

I doubt that any of us have the time to write a book good enough to print. But who knows, if they paid us it could work.
We could do what I have been attempting to do, and write a how-to when we finish a portable. Then if it's a good how-to put it on doomportables. Once that is done, we could show the site to Extreme Tech. If they like it then they could hire some of us to write a book.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:37 pm

What you could do is have those who made the best portable for each system (IE: Gamey's GCp, Ben's N64p, etc) and have them write one how-to. Then we'd just need one or two editors (I know spongey would love to, and so would I) and BOOM, insta-book! :D
-Luke

G-force

Post by G-force » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:27 pm

Ooh, I claim the Game Pro 200p! That's my system :lol:

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:44 pm

But I call the Bally/Astrocade Computer System! :D

Kai

Post by Kai » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:02 am

I like the idea of a second book and I will definetly buy it.
so if multiple people are working on it i would use LaTeX because you could all use the same format
Ps: I like the idea of a C64DTVp (long name) and I already preordered a Pal version I hope to be able to connect a expansionport for catridges but I#ve also seen a german page witha flashcardreader for the c64 so I might use that aswell
External Computer ERROR
please replace User
C64p Pal:
I've build some connectors for disk and keyboard, the screen has been taken apart and the case has been modded a bit

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:06 am

this thread is so old... but i thinks its alright cause its not ANCIENT.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

Kai

Post by Kai » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:35 am

it was on the first page its just that this forum is not so much used
External Computer ERROR
please replace User
C64p Pal:
I've build some connectors for disk and keyboard, the screen has been taken apart and the case has been modded a bit

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:37 am

yeah, not many people really use this forum after they know some st uff about portablizing.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

second book

Post by Darth Fett » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:04 pm

I think he should make a second book.It should tell you how to make a portable ps2,N64,Sega Genisis,and a GamecubeP :D !Off topic note:I can't wait for Warriors:The New Prophecy #3 Dawn!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.