Please need help on xbox 360 laptop

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Maxinator1996
Please need help on xbox 360 laptop

Post by Maxinator1996 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:37 pm

I am 14 years old and am well on my way to creating an xbox 360 laptop. Only I have one major or minor problem. I was going to see if my xbox 360 would turn of correctly with all green rings after I have extended and soldered the front USB port. So I turned the xbox on and I get two red rings while I have the hard drive, fans, DVD drive and ring of light chip plugged in. I know that it is not overheating because the motherboard is out of the case. Though there might be one problem. Though I am not experienced at soldering I am mediocre. While I was soldering I noticed that a very small trace on the motherbord was torn and not connected to it's right pin port. It was bent into the air. If this USB ports traces are not connected does this cause two red rings. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

N64pmaster

Re: Please need help on xbox 360 laptop

Post by N64pmaster » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:24 am

you could have extended the dvd drive power cable backwards or something else to do with "power"