NES,SNES,Genesis Controllers on a old Xbox mod

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

xArtoriusx
NES,SNES,Genesis Controllers on a old Xbox mod

Post by xArtoriusx » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:53 am

Hey guys

im new here an this is my first post haha.

Quick question for you guys

Ive currently got a soft modded xbox for emulation purposes an what not. now i hate the bulkyness of the xbox controllers i think they're terrible. now ive seen some mods already,but i want it to look smooth. ive seen some people with an xbox controller plugged in and an nes controller dangling out.

i found this akward and would piss me off haha! although it does what i want to do i suppose.

now in my head im thinking of taking a usb controller,using the brain of that,an wiring the buttons straight to the board,then take a xbox extentsion cable opening it up,an soldering the wires to the port,i think you need the yellow wire instead of leaving it out to do a xbox usb mod,not too sure will have to research a tad more.

but yeah thats my plan,if you've had expierence or knowledge of this type of operation,then please post some information,criticism or general chit chat to help me out.

in theory i think it may work,your feed back would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

xArtoriusx

Re: NES,SNES,Genesis Controllers on a old Xbox mod

Post by xArtoriusx » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:21 pm

re-bump