dreamcast 360 (not a portable device)

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

mod man
dreamcast 360 (not a portable device)

Post by mod man » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 pm

hi all im trying to get a dreamcast to play other console games. im quite famillar with the formatting and coding and porting of games but i dont have the nessary programs to pull this off. i do have plenty of cd-R's to burn the new formatted games onto. and no im not suggesting piracy of games iether i only wish to do this for personal use

any ideas or comments are welcome (please try to stay positive)

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: dreamcast 360 (not a portable device)

Post by bicostp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:40 pm

There are emulators for other consoles that run on Dreamcast for up to the 16 bit era (and Playstation, but who knows how well that would actually run).

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/dreamcast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mod man

Post by mod man » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:50 pm

im not trying to use emulators i am trying to get other console games onto cd-R's in the right dreamcast workable format to play them on it. emulators are not to good right now a lot of them are still under heavy development even some dreamcast emulators...... lol

collinE

Post by collinE » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 am

sorry, that will not work. You can't play games on other platforms without an emulator. The games are taylored specifically to each console's hardware and it's not as simple as just changing the format. You could do it if you could take the game down to it's code and reprogram it from the ground up to work with the specs of the new system.
It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Ridonkulous

mod man

Post by mod man » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:51 pm

thats what im aiming to do. i plan to put it in iso format than put it in raw code than do the reprogramming.
its gonna be a long proccess so if anyone could piont me to a site that has a raw coder that would help very much

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:40 pm

So you want to take an Xbox 360 game-games that take MILLIONS OF DOLLARS and YEARS to develop with a large development team-and recode it to work on the dreamcast? Yourself?
Kind sir, would you be interested in buying a bridge?
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:28 am

are you sure you've programmed before? You do realize that these games are compiled, and not raw source code, right? Hell, even if that was the case, the dreamcast still wouldn't be able to play 360 games, because it's far inferior. That's like saying "hey can I recompile this game that needs 4GHz to work on my windows 95 300mhz pc?"

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:25 am

bicostp wrote:There are emulators for other consoles that run on Dreamcast for up to the 16 bit era (and Playstation, but who knows how well that would actually run).

http://www.zophar.net/consoles/dreamcast.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
from what I remember playstation ran decent on it, couldn't play fmv scene (like in jeopardy/wheel of fortune) and I doubt cutscenes worked but a good handful of games run well enough to be playable.

ishowernaked

Post by ishowernaked » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:55 pm

bleem. i know you can play psone discs on the dreamcast with a bleem disc and a bleemed copy of psone games. other than that. no, don't even try. (if you succeed, this post will self destruct.)

Rohan The Wind Waker

Post by Rohan The Wind Waker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:37 am

I got a 40 gig Hdd
Rohan The \/\/ind \/\/aker
I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay