Multiple consoles, one amp.

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Dvandersys
Multiple consoles, one amp.

Post by Dvandersys » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:47 am

I have a project in mind for when I get home from Iraq, and I was wondering if you guys would mind helping me out with a question I had. I want to build a self-contained desktop game console... thing inside of a nice oak case. I want to stuff the guts from an NES, SNES, and possibly a N64, along with a TV tuner, radio tuner, built in stereo amp and speakers, and a 25 inch monitor that will rest inside a hinged lid. Not exactly a portable system, but I'll still be making use of Bens book so I'll know what crap I can eliminate from the boards, and how to run power to things and whatnot. My only question is, can I just wire the audio from each of the boards directly to the same input on my amplifier? I'm going to control the operation of each board with an automotive ignition lock so that only one can possibly be powered on at once (Contact On for power, turn to "Start" for reset function!) Thanks in advance for any advice/ideas. I'll be posting pics of my project when I get started.

David

J.D

Re: Multiple consoles, one amp.

Post by J.D » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:54 am

I'm pretty sure this will work. Not too hard of a project, either.

Dvandersys

Re: Multiple consoles, one amp.

Post by Dvandersys » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:20 am

Didn't think it would be a problem, and yeah, I wanted to start with something easy. I've never modded a game console before. Thanks!

David