Some questions to the book ;)(NES portable,Screen and Tools)

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Zer000
Some questions to the book ;)(NES portable,Screen and Tools)

Post by Zer000 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Hi, I'm coming from Germany, and I bought the book "Hacking Video Game Consoles" from Amazon cause I find it interisting an so... but I not really skilled in such things, so I wanne to learn it. I've read all, and I thing I wanne start with the NES Portable. Now I have got some questions:

1. The Electronic Part List: - Many things are easy to find at "conrad.de" like the Resitors(German = Widerstände), but things like the Grid-Style-PC board.... It's a bit difficult to find such a thing, particularly to translate it.
2. The Screens: I just see Screens With a Mothboard or such a thing, why I just can take a PSP Slim & Lite Screen ???Why, Why not ....
3. The Desolder: On the picture in the book its a complete Solder Iron, which is hot and melt the iron, at "conrad.de" I just find something like a injection or an pencil with a small hole which sucks it up ... is it okay too?

So that are the questions I have got until now, I'm sure that there will come soon some more... so sorry for my English, it's not the best but I hope it's okay and thank you for the answers and so on...

Kevin

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Some questions to the book ;)(NES portable,Screen and Tools)

Post by hailrazer » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:50 pm

Zer000 wrote: 2. The Screens: I just see Screens With a Mothboard or such a thing, why I just can take a PSP Slim & Lite Screen ???Why, Why not ....

Kevin
A few different reasons.

For all screens that you will use in a portable you need a way to input the signal from the Nes to the screen. So the screens need a controller to convert the signals to something the screen can understand. A psp screen doesn't have this. The controller is built into the PSP. So it can't be used.

Also the majority of screens sold like in portable dvd players, pc's , etc don't have an input plug. So they only can play on the screen whatever is played by the unit. Like a dvd for the dvd player.

So in order for us to be able to use the screen, it needs a video input that the Nes can use.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Zer000

Post by Zer000 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:03 pm

something like a Car-TV, which has got a VGA Input ? or an other analog Input !? ( http://www.amazon.de/X4-TECH-Luna-analo ... 98&sr=1-16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )... or is that wrong too ?

Ampersand

Post by Ampersand » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I couldn't read the specs, as I've long forgotten even basic German, but it seems that it does have Audio/Video. "2 AV-Eingänge" means "2 A/V-Input" or something similar, correct? If so, it should be usable.
Registration Information wrote:How much is 5+2 *
NO I'M NOT A BOT!...
... Four?