I sent an e-mail

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Keyaku
PSN Username:Keyaku
I sent an e-mail

Post by Keyaku » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:11 am

I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, but I think I am.
So I sent an e-mail to Ben a month ago. This means, I had no answer. (This was a second message, more info below)
What was in the message wasn't me asking him a step-by-step tutorial on that message because I read in that time that he wouldn't do that.
But I asked him, and only question, not ask for one, if he would do a book of PS2 tutorials, like he did with the Atari, Nes, PS1 and etc... (Book being sold on Amazon).

I know, the last time I sent him a message (my first one) was stupidly asking him how to build one. Yes, I admit that IN THAT TIME (almost a year) I haven't read his rules. He answered me with that one though, saying that I should use the Forums.

Can someone then answer please?

Thanks

By the way, yes, I still haven't done my PS2p cuz I haven't been wasting my time on it since:
1. My dad still doesn't let me buy the wires for the controler (extend its controls), and doesn't let me use the solder just when I know what I'm doing. Fair enough with that.
2. I'm sick of this, I really need help. Many thanks if help comes to my aid :)

PS: My PS2 is a Fat one for those curious people.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Re: I sent an e-mail

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:30 am

It Your PS2p would be pretty big if you used a fat one.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:43 am

nevermind1534 wrote:It Your PS2p would be pretty big if you used a fat one.
no. enormous. the ps2 board is nearly the size of an xbox board. plus, it wold be very expensive to make it run for long. the power draw is through the roof. it would cost more to buy parts and batteries to make a phat run, than it would to buy a slim, and build it out of that. slims only cost 69$ at gamestop. batteries to run a phat would be upwards of 200$ (probably more like $400). seems like a no brainer to me. get a slim :wink:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

Keyaku

Post by Keyaku » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:49 am

1. No, I'm not leaving this up. Plus, even if the battery is a problem, there's no need of it. Right now, What I want is out a screen, a controller and "mix" everything in one box.

2.And what? so I leave up this project and buy a slim? My dad wouldn't let me do that. My dad knows about this thing I'm up to. So I'll go tell him like: «Hey dad, it's impossible to make it waork with out Playstation. Can we buy a slim for 100€?». I wouldn't at least :/

Great news: My dad let's me buy wires (if not very expensive) and use a solder anytime. Awesome.[/b]

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:58 am

If you don't care about it being massive or needing a wall outlet to work, and you're sure that you want to do this, then go ahead.

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:00 pm

Keyaku wrote:1. No, I'm not leaving this up. Plus, even if the battery is a problem, there's no need of it. Right now, What I want is out a screen, a controller and "mix" everything in one box.
thats not really a portable. if you wanna do that, then just buy a zenith ps2 screen. it clips on top, and plugs in the back. then just plug them both in, hook up a controller and youre golden.
2.And what? so I leave up this project and buy a slim? My dad wouldn't let me do that. My dad knows about this thing I'm up to. So I'll go tell him like: «Hey dad, it's impossible to make it waork with out Playstation. Can we buy a slim for 100€?». I wouldn't at least :/
what country do you live in? ps2 slims are cheap as crap here. sometimes under 20$

Great news: My dad let's me buy wires (if not very expensive) and use a solder anytime. Awesome.
a solder? do you mean a soldering iron? and buy wire? thats kinda sad if you need your dads approval to buy wire. how old are you?
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:

Keyaku

Post by Keyaku » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Thank you all for being on topic and answering my question. /sarcasm

Please, I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, but nevermind1534 said "Go ahead". But nobody answered me yet. Is it possible if Ben can make a book or not? I just want an yes or no. A problably a reason (if possible).

EDIT: I'm 15, and with some computer knowledge, but not much in console hardware. I threw myself at it anyways.

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:09 pm

Keyaku wrote:Thank you all for being on topic and answering my question. /sarcasm

Please, I'm sorry if I'm being difficult, but nevermind1534 said "Go ahead". But nobody answered me yet. Is it possible if Ben can make a book or not? I just want an yes or no. A problably a reason (if possible).

EDIT: I'm 15, and with some computer knowledge, but not much in console hardware. I threw myself at it anyways.
Your question is retardedly written. (no offense)
Of course ben can make a book, anyone can.
What exactly do you mean though?

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:55 pm

Assume that he isn't writing any more books, until you see them. If you have any SPECIFIC questions about how to do it, ask here after searching the forums, to see if the question hasn't been answered before. I don't know the PS2 very well, so I wouldn't be of much help.

Keyaku

Post by Keyaku » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Edit: No one can help me here. here's no step-by-step tutorial or stuff that would help people to make one. So I don't think there's a big option.

argelfraster

Post by argelfraster » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Plenty of people can help you.
But we don't know what you need help with...
BTW, i know basement_modder made a ps2 diagram and some tutorials, but i think they are for ps2 slim.

nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:57 pm

You aren't asking for help with anything specific. Ask for help about something that you need help with, and you will get answers.

stephen0205

Post by stephen0205 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm

if u post a message to someone who has made one, whithin the forum, it may just be me but u seem very, mmm i dunno, demanding maybe, ben might write another book, he may not, but just because u want him to dosent mean he will, thats like saying drop what ur doing, i need a tutorial for a ps2. Dosent really work like that.

But as i said, if u look at other peoples work you should be able to create your own one, and asking for help from the people who have already done it.

samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

this isnt a place where people will hold your hand through everything. there are no "step by step" guides. if you have questions, ask them, but dont expect us to tell you everything you think you need to know. also, dont expect ben to write a book about it, just because you need help. ben isnt the only capable person, either. you act as though he is the only person capable of helping you. there are others, who are, perhaps even more skilled than ben himself. just post a thread in the ps2 section, ask your questions, use your brain, and dont act too immature and needy, and people will help. however, if you ask for diagrams and instruction on every little thing, dont expect much help.
[/rant]
AfroLH wrote:

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:13 pm

samjc3 wrote:this isnt a place where people will hold your hand through everything. there are no "step by step" guides. if you have questions, ask them, but dont expect us to tell you everything you think you need to know. also, dont expect ben to write a book about it, just because you need help. ben isnt the only capable person, either. you act as though he is the only person capable of helping you. there are others, who are, perhaps even more skilled than ben himself. just post a thread in the ps2 section, ask your questions, use your brain, and dont act too immature and needy, and people will help. however, if you ask for diagrams and instruction on every little thing, dont expect much help.
[/rant]

the winzors.