Portable Hard drive with Emulator

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Jack_the_Ripper
Portable Hard drive with Emulator

Post by Jack_the_Ripper » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:05 am

:idea: Hey I was Wondering if it would be possible to hook a hard drive with a screen and then stick say a SNES emulator onto it and a bunch of SNES roms so you could play say twenty different games :?: It would be small cause it would only require about 20MB :D (the emulator is about 50kb and im guessing games are about 20kb but i dont know for sure) and if you wanted to take away games or add more you could just stick it on your computer and download more :D (you could also get emulators for PS1, N64, NES and maybe Atari). So I was would somebody help me or is there something in BenHeck's book :?:

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:18 am

What are you talking about? You'd have to make a VERY complex circuit board to use a hard drive with a classic game system. Or build a portable PC with a Mini-ITX board. Besides, (fun as they are) ROMS are illegal and are not discussed here, sorry. :(

Alchemist

Post by Alchemist » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:08 pm

Heh, I think he's implying that you could run an operating system and emulators on a hard drive without any further hardware. Not possible, sorry ;)

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:19 pm

Of course it's possible, all you need is one of these:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... d=cat01174
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:23 pm

Hah, yeah, can't forget that.

But you can get a PocketPC, they have emulators for..Gameboy, NES, SNES, Atari, all or most of the old systems.