snes vs snes mini

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

manuba
PSN Username:w33dw4c3r
Steam ID:Truckstop13
snes vs snes mini

Post by manuba » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Why not use the original snes instead of a "mini" it seems to have less parts on the older one?

XCVG

Re: snes vs snes mini

Post by XCVG » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:43 pm

Because it's considrably larger.

truckstop13

Post by truckstop13 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:56 am

but the board in the original has less parts and a removable controller port?

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:38 pm

But it is heavier and will make for a larger bulkier uncomfortable portable. The number of parts on a board doesn't matter when making a portable...
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:32 am

It's also less power efficient and requires a regulator board to work.
In otherwords, it is not even close to ideal.
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724

manuba

Post by manuba » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:55 am

64M320N3 wrote:It's also less power efficient and requires a regulator board to work.
In otherwords, it is not even close to ideal.
You mean "in other words" -not one word-

Well........ No dude it does not require a regulator board because I have it hooked up to a cordless drill battery now and it works fine,plus if you're talking about the 220 in-line wired in series capacitors from the output then I agree. I don't understand what you mean though, it doesn't seem like anyone has actually tried to use a 1992 second edition snes board :?
And yes I know it's larger than the mini, I just wanted to try.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:30 pm

snes rev-1 boards are pretty small too (not as small as mini but a big difference in size vs. snes rev1 and 2 boards)

Look at the grey cart ejection thing in the middle of the system. If it says eject in white lettering on it, its the smaller board.

You can prolly get these cheaper than minis too since its the old design, and most of these cases are yellowed to hell

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:09 am

wallydawg wrote:snes rev-1 boards are pretty small too (not as small as mini but a big difference in size vs. snes rev1 and 2 boards)

Look at the grey cart ejection thing in the middle of the system. If it says eject in white lettering on it, its the smaller board.

You can prolly get these cheaper than minis too since its the old design, and most of these cases are yellowed to hell
You've got that backwards. Eject molded in is rev 2, smaller board. Kyo calls it 1chip, presumably it only has one PPU chip.

manuba

Post by manuba » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:41 am

[/quote]

You've got that backwards. Eject molded in is rev 2, smaller board. Kyo calls it 1chip, presumably it only has one PPU chip.[/quote]

Yes, or you can check out the date on the board under the rf shielding. The first board had one ppu this one has 2 ppu, a cpu and 4 other large chips by sony. then a bunch of smalls

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:34 pm

XCVG wrote:
wallydawg wrote:snes rev-1 boards are pretty small too (not as small as mini but a big difference in size vs. snes rev1 and 2 boards)

You've got that backwards. Eject molded in is rev 2, smaller board. Kyo calls it 1chip, presumably it only has one PPU chip.
white lettering on the eject button smaller board
eject lettering molded on it with grey regular size board

edit: ok I opened up all 4 of my reg snes (3 molded eject, 1 written in white) and they all have the same size board. Clearly I dont know what I'm talkinga about and don't know what to believe now.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:02 am

wallydawg wrote:
XCVG wrote:

white lettering on the eject button smaller board
eject lettering molded on it with grey regular size board

edit: ok I opened up all 4 of my reg snes (3 molded eject, 1 written in white) and they all have the same size board. Clearly I dont know what I'm talkinga about and don't know what to believe now.
Problem. Kyo (or whoever he got it from) was wrong. There's a more definite way to tell but I forgot what it was.

manuba

Post by manuba » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:45 am

Unfortunately you must check the board manually for the date. It is located under the rf shielding