Game Genie Hacks...

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

360zeaiclies
Game Genie Hacks...

Post by 360zeaiclies » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:42 pm

I have built too diferent prototypes of an NES with the Game Genie wired into it. The first was just straight soldered in on the NES Mother board were the 72 pin connector goes. Prototype V2 I built an interface from dead Game Genie's. But my problem is I am getting tiered of all that soldering. 72 connection's by four is way to much.

Any thought on how I can do it better and smaller? Right now everything fits and looks completly stock. I want to keep the stock look of the NES.

Firestarter

Re: Game Genie Hacks...

Post by Firestarter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Not sure about how to reduce the soldering but to make it neater inside you could use ribbon cable 80 conductor ribbon cable the type used for hd's would be great get it in the lowest gauge number available to make it easier to solder. hide the game genie board under the NES board then cut the connectors on the back of the nes 72 pin connector and connect them to the game genie. That would allow you to insert the cart's like normal and have the game genie built in.