pg. 166 figure 7-31

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

Pike
pg. 166 figure 7-31

Post by Pike » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:00 am

On page 166 figure 7-31 there is a wire which seems to be running from a pin on the removed expansion to possiblely a ground point or the other side of the board. Did I miss something? I keep reading and rereading and can't find this step. My NES is getting video to the tv but will not boot a game. The 72 pin is good. I've pulled up all the pins and found it to work great on every other nes I've tried it on (3 of them) and I tested the nes before I started ripping it apart. I even tried cutting the #4 pin on the lockout chip now the screen doesn't flash but still no games. I ordered a new 72 pin. Any ideas on what else could be the problem? Thanks for reading.

Mario

Post by Mario » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:44 pm

When you pulled pin 4, you did solder it to ground, right?

Pike

Post by Pike » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:54 pm

No but I was having problems with this before I cut the pin and I've done this to other units and never had a problem. Does anyone know what the wire is in the picture? I'm truely baffled. I'm going to try cutting up another nes tonight but with the expansion port intact test it, then pull it off.