Oh Nuts!

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

DrRobotnic
Oh Nuts!

Post by DrRobotnic » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:33 am

Oh NUTTTTSSS :wink:

Can someone help me, i am english living in italy and i was buying the parts for psp by hand using bens book.
But what is the difference between a size 4 and size 6 nut or screw!

I can't seem to figure it out because they havn't heard of it here!

Thanks

James
I'll get you sonic

satan165

Post by satan165 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:49 pm

people have already expressed problems with the 'size 1-2-3-4-5,etc' system of screw sizes

compound that with being in another country and i can definitely imagine that you would have problems :D

i assume the screws you need are for holding the finished case together?
well whatever they are for i would just estimate
go into the italian hardware store knowing what the screws are goign to be used for in your project and do your best to find one that looks suitable

anyways screws (even in italy im sure!) are pretty cheap so you can go back if they are an unsuitable size

if that doesnt work then i suggest using your drill to bore rigatoni into the thing, that usually works :lol:

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:28 pm

Time for some spam, you live in Italy? That's cool, I'm on my second year of learning Italian.

Anyways, if you find the screw you need, look around in the same vicinity, and test out nuts, looking for one that fits, if you can find those nylon washers, look for one the same size as the nut.

DrRobotnic

Thanksssss

Post by DrRobotnic » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:50 pm

Thanks for the reponse so fast.
I'll try and do that (it seems fairly straight forward.)

Now, to put this thing together...
I'll get you sonic

satan165

Post by satan165 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:57 am

today i was at ace buying a hot glue gun and drill bits and a bunch of other stuff

i wanted to pick up all the screws/nuts also

my confusion is this:
obviously some of the screws are machine screws and some are not
i know at least 4 are used to screw the case shut, those are some kind of wood screw style (pointed tip)
i tried to match up the # of nuts with # of screws, assuming thsoe must be machine style
but the #s dont match
i coudl go carefullly thru the book i guess and try to account for each one and what its use is but maybe someone already knows

i am doing the VCSp CNC style by the way