NESp Button question

Hey, making some projects from my book? Got a question about something? Wanna share what you've done? Here's the place - go for it!

Moderator:Moderators

egomine
NESp Button question

Post by egomine » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:44 am

The book explains what to do with the B, A, Select, & Start buttons but what about the directional pad? Are we supposed to keep the plastic "whateveryoucallit" that is found under the pad? I ask because we don't use the B or A ones and the select/start button is all one piece.

Also any ideas for making the select start buttons not stick out so far? Cutting them would seem to be a bad idea as they seem like they would fall through.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:34 am

Egomine, next time your going to do what you just did (make three threads) dont! Make one thread and have all that in one. Also I believe the book has you rebuild the controllers onto a PCB rather then us the old controller. And if the Start and Select do stick out too much cut them out, but unless you havent seen if they stick out too much dont worry about it.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

egomine

Post by egomine » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:44 am

No problem Spark. I thought since they were different questions I should seperate them. In the future I will post as one.

As for the buttons. Yeah I understand we are rebuilding the circuit board piece. What I am trying to explain (again without knowing enough terminalogy to correctly name it) is in regards to just the directional button. When I opened the controller and pulled it out I noticed that like the A&B buttons the directional controller also consists of two pieces. The plastic buton and a flexible plastic "under button thing" that both sit on top of the controller board.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:14 am

Ok your talking about the rubber connectors that the controllers use. Ben uses them in the prjects to give you that mushy feeling even though your using tackel switches (they click like if you've pushed down on the PS2's analoge sticks). You dont have to keep them (rubber contacts) if you dont want as the D-pad will be pressing a button.

I hope this helps you.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

egomine

Post by egomine » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:49 pm

Yup that does it thanks.